Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your child/children dressing up as for Halloween?

Maddox is going to be a lobster..It is so cute

Looking forward to your responses

·
Registered
227 Posts
Darius is going to be Cat from Little Bear.
It was an easy costume to put together ,thankfully.
I don't think we'll be trick-or-treating, he doesn't need the sweets , we will walk around and enjoy all the oher costumes.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Ash Ketchum, the boy in Pokemon. I bought a blue sweatjacket and a white sweatshirt. Took the sleeves off the white and put them on the blue. Also had to add a white collar and some yellow trim. The hardest part was finding a simple green backpack! I ended up bleaching and dying one from a thrift store. I did see ones on line but didn't want to pay $25, plus I was running out of time for shipping. I probably spent $25 for the costume but at least it is all reusable, real clothes. I also used fabric paint on a white baseball cap ($1) to make the appropriate hat.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
A police officer minus the night stick and gun.

Ds much prefers a flashlight!

·
Registered
11,593 Posts
Chase is a pirate. He has a billowy white "pirate shirt" that ties up with criss-crossed fake leather in the front, red and black striped pants, an eye patch, and a little piratey looking headband of some sort.

Anna Kate is a spider. She has this big fat costume with legs hanging off everywhere, and I'm putting grey and white striped tights on her underneath it.

We love Halloween around here. My kids are dressed up today for the third time out of five times. We really get some use out of their costumes each year!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Jordan was going to be a pit crew member for Lightning McQueen, but Toys R Us managed to send the wrong size TWICE, so now we have to go to the store and see what's left.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Buzz Lightyear & Spiderman. Aren't we oh-so commercialized? We were going to make batman and robin costumes and we probably still will but I have so many irons in the fire this year that I was afraid it wouldn't get done.

have fun with you little guys!!

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
My oldest will be Queen Amadala, and my youngest will be Cinderella. Since she's only three, I'll let her get away with that once.

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
A wizard (with a really cool wand that lights up. ok, it makes noise too, but it really does glow in the dark!)

A pumpkin. (My sister made this for her oldest, who is now in COLLEGE -- it's been through 6 kids between all of our families and is still going strong.)

·
Registered
996 Posts
DD (9) is a devil
DD (7) is a cat with wings (she just finished Ursula LeGuin's Catwings series)
DS (3) gets to pick a costume from his dress up box. He chose to be Puss-in-Boots for playgroup on Thursday. We'll see what he picks for t-o-t.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
My DS (3) decided he wanted to be a flower. He just finished decorating it tonight after I put together the basics. I'm hoping to solve a couple technical difficulties tonight
: but I think it is going to be pretty cute.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Rylie's going as a pirate and her brother will be her parrot. She came up with the idea before he was even born.

I have a lot of sewing to do this weekend; usually I have our costumes done by now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts