Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you know of some good stores around to buy needed baby items such as a sling,cloth diapers,natural baby soap,etc? ill buy it online if i have to but id really rather save on s/h costs since our budget is rather tight right now. any help would be greatly appreciated, it doesnt need to be right in this area either. we are driving out to Chesapeake today for babies r us to add a bassinet to our gift registry,so we are up for driving wherever,pretty much

thanks so much!!!
Nicole

·
Registered
566 Posts
Try Medik's Market on Mercury Boulevard in Hampton or Health Trail on Warwick Boulevard in Newport News. Heritage Market in Virginia Beach is supposed to be pretty good too, but I've never been there.

BTW, there is a Babies R Us in Newport News on Jefferson Boulevard near Patrick Henry Mall (a lot closer than Chesapeake!!).

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It would be a trip for you, but Rock-A-Bye is an awesome second-hand baby clothes/toys/slings/diapers/etc store. It's in Virginia Beach way down Holland Road (past the super K-Mart). Probably you already have what you were looking for when you first posted, but if you end up somewhere out there (around Lynnhaven Mall, even) it would be worth your time to check it out!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow thanks,i know that area, dh and i have to go there for indian grceries and health food stops a lot. we'll check it out! thanks!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ooh, I'd forgotten about rock a bye..this is our second tour here (we were in Boston for 2 years) and I haven't been up there since we came back. That's a good place to go just to walk through...seems like new stuff is always popping up, so it's good to go anytime you're in the area just to see what they have!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts