Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone's kid had some or all of the rash elements but no fever? My son has a reasonably typical rash on hand, foot, bottom, extremities, but no mouth sores so far, normal small appetite, and no fever. Just wondering about the spectrum of presentation. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all - it's reassuring to know this. The rash is expanding, but the baby is as well as can be. Me, on the other hand -- I feel fluish! Hard to believe I wouldn't have immunity to this, but there we go.
Anyway, thanks again. I love having you all for a resource.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You definitely won't get sores on your nipples from sores in toddler's mouth. Baby's sores can't make sores anywhere else. If you get the actual infection (as I seem to have - unusual but it happens) then you are less likely to have rash and sores than to have usual viral symptoms - fever, stomach issues, headaches, sore throat.

This is now day 5 and I am much better from low grade viral symptoms (especially stomach) and baby's rash is slowly changing, with no new spots since yesterday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.