Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
We are expecting our first baby in less than a month, and I'm starting to get a bit nervous about how busy a baby will make me! My dh & I run a farm, so we are already quite busy! I have seen videos on how to hands free nurse with a moby wrap, and I have one and would love to learn how to do that so that I can get other things done while nursing 24/7. When I mentioned it to the women teaching my BF class she acted very skeptical and acted like, yes, it could be done but that it would be a way down the road thing. I need to be able to do it by 6 weeks or so. Do you think that's asking too much? Are there any tricks or tips you can offer? Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't think it's out of the question to nurse hands free by 6 weeks at all. I have a 9 week old and have been successful at hands free nursing (with a pouch sling). It's going to take some practice but I wouldn't worry about it. If it needs to get done, the two of you will find a way.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Its very doable! the best one i found for doing it was this one:

because you can latch baby on then tie the wrap around. I could not get the one that comes in the moby book to work for us, it just resulted in frustration when she tried to latch. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.