Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have a quick moment to jump on and announce that on Sunday my girls will be ONE YEAR OLD!!!!! The weather is the same as it was last year, unseasonably gorgeous, and tonite when I took a bath with girls, their birth was as clear as if it was yesterday. (they were born in our bathtub). Our biggest challenge was DD1, and although she still remains the most challenging part of our parenting, I am floored by her ability to adapt from being an "only child" for 3 1/2 years to a lovely older sibling. Lovely, that is minus the pinching and pulling and hitting, etc.

I feel like I am getting my body back, and even parts of my life. It was a tough year in so many ways, but I feel so blessed to have been so well supported and loved by so many friends and family as we welcomed Serena and Sierra into the world and into our little family.
I delight in the way the girls interact with eachother, and with their older sister. Watching the twins first greet eachother in the morning is priceless. It's two old friends seeing eachother and delighting in the fact that they are together yet again, and laugh and smile about it.
I find such joy in my older daughter's ability to get the attention she needs, especially when strangers begin to ogle over the twins, and she asks them, "Well, what about me????" How she will cozy right up to another mama at the library for a story to be read to her, flashing big smiles at me across the room.
The twins have really completed my family for me, and I feel so fortunate and blessed to have been given a chance to birth these babies in a gentle, peaceful way, to breastfeed exclusively and to still accomodate them in the family bed. (of course at just tonite I was considering trying someone in the pack and play, and hoping that DD1 will soon choose to sleep in her own bed as she has made it a nightly ritual to wet the bed). DD1's birth had not gone the way we wanted it to, and breastfeeding her was an exhausting struggle. The twins helped heal some of the hurt from that. Even though the girls having come together has been really tough at times, I am grateful beyond belief.
To all you mamas out there still waiting to bring your little ones into the world, I'm here to tell you that you will make it through the births, and the first 3 months, and even the first year!!!!
Happy birthday, Serena and Sierra!!!!
:
:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
What a great look back at your first year. Congrats all around. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

BTW - My girls are 14 months old, and these last two months have been the best! They've taken huge leaps forward - walking, eating, and so curious. It's a wonderful age!

:
:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Happy birthday to your girls! I am so glad you shared this post.

It is so striking and particularly special to me to see the babies of mamas who were pregnant & birthing just ahead of me reaching one year!! Because I do remember the posts during pregnancy, and the birth updates, and it's just neat to have logged the miles & months along the way.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
what a sweet post!! Have you pictures of your girls? Or have I missed them??

Any tips you want to share with us, or with the PG mamas??

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you pictures of your girls? Or have I missed them??

Any tips you want to share with us, or with the PG mamas??

Ok, first, no pics yet b/c I am just trying to keep my head up above water.

hmmm.... tips.......
One quick tip for you mamas who are about to celebrate your babies' births, I had a really fun, big party and it went well, and I got to visit with people, because lo and behold, my girls were letting OTHER PEOPLE hold them!!!!! However, I feel like I didn't really get to celebrate with them, as other people were holding them and I was hostessing. So...... I'm still trying to think of a way that I can do a blessing ceremony for them with just our family.
Other tips:
Well, I wouldn't really emulate me or my family if I was someone else!
But I guess just trusting in the fact that no matter how hard or crazy things get, having some type of belief that the universe, or God, or your higher power is always working with you to give you just the thing you need in your life at that moment.
Second, yoga. For me it is so awesome and I have no problem walking out the door to crying babies for it. I know that if I were to stick around and skip the yoga, I would be in tears myself.
Third, don't sweat the body piece. I am actually pretty happy with where I'm at now, and the most I did was to eat maybe only 8 meals, instead of 10 a day. No, I'm not really kidding.
Okay, more crying, gotta go!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.