Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 2:06 p.m. EST today is the beginning of summer!! I am so happy... We are having a little party at home to celebrate any other mama's celebrate ???

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
We're making suns with playdoh, taking a walk and noticing things that are different about summer, drawing some pictures of summer. The books I ordered didn't come in on time in the library so that's out but we'll talk about some stories (that I'll look up online).

·
Registered
923 Posts
Well since summer arrived about three months ago here in Florida, it ends up being a non-event. When I lived in NY it was a huge deal but our kids here in Florida hardly know that summer has a "start" date in June, heheheh.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The same to you all!

A few of my friends and I had an intimate gathering to celebrate on Saturday. My friend's husband read a verse about Fatherhood, since in some pagan traditions it is concidered a masculine holiday, in honor of my husband- who will be entering fatherhood in just 6 months! It was such a beautiful verse that we might read it every year from now on. (Blessing for father's from the book "Circle Round").

BLESSINGS!
-Annette

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.