Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 3 months or so, dd has really gone back and forth with using the potty most of the time, different potties, outside etc., and then having lots of misses, being picky about when and where she'll go, etc. Normal, I know, but a tad frustrating at times. So after w couple weeks of reminding myself over and over that she's most likely focused on teething and learning to walk right now and we'll get back on track, the most amazing thing happened. She was playing and all of a sudden sheiked, got a worried face, and grabbed her butt. I put her on the potty, but she got right off again. False alarm, I thought, but after a moment she sat back down on the potty ALL BY HERSELF and pooped! Of course, it wasn't exactly perfect, she got one foot IN the potty and ended up pooping on the back of it, but the did it herself! Soon after she nursed for a really long time and I thought she might need to go again, but she wanted nothing to do with the potty, so I put her on the floor to play. About 10 minutes later she got that look on her face again and yelled. I asked her if she needed to go potty and she crawled right over to me to be put on the potty! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!
I don't know if she'll do it again any time soon, but now I'll have this to think about on those "missy" days. It really is working. She really is aware of her need to go and wants to go in the potty.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.