Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I work 2 days/wk for 4 hours each.  I've been having a really hard time even getting 2 oz. when I pump.  I'd had a pretty good freezer supply that is almost out, but DD will eagerly drink a 4-5 oz. bottle while I'm gone.</p>
<p>She is eating small amounts of solid foods, but certaintly not enough to "fill her up". </p>
<p>So what should I do while I'm gone?  Give her a 2 oz. bottle and risk her getting really upset when there's no more, or leave something like hemp or coconut milk and solids? </p>
<p>Thanks so much!!</p>

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Can you try pumping while she's nursing on the other side? Sometimes that's a hassle because it ties up your hands but it often makes for a more productive session. Also, when you pump, what is your routine? A friend of mine finds that if she can close her eyes and concentrate on her little one and her love for her, it makes for more milk.<br><br>
There can also be problems with your pumping shield. How does it fit on you? Oftentimes the shield that comes with pumps is too small and going up a size makes things better. Finally, some women find that a hand pump works better than an electric.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
<p>its only 2x a week and 4hrs...she may be able to handle not nursing until you get back. even if you can only get a couple ounces you could have whoever is watching her offer that until you get home.</p>
<p>a lot of babies will hold out for mom anyway and only take a couple oz until mommy arrives...they you can expect extra nursing lol</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts