Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started bleeding Wednesday morning. I was just shy of 5 weeks. I was crampy and achy that day, but just had bleeding that steadily increased, just like a normal period. I had an HCG quant that day and it was already down to 14. I am going back today and expect it to be near or at 0. Much less dramatic than I expected. I have had periods (before I was sexually active) that were 100x worse than this, so I'm surprised than a miscarriage isn't bringing more.

I'm assuming it's normal to not have super heavy bleeding/clotting. I spoke with my midwife on the phone yesterday and told her and she thought it was fine. I am simply curious if this has been anyone elses experience? Does this mean it was never there (the sac, etc) or what? We want to try again right away, so I'm counting day 1 of bleeding as day 1 of a new cycle.

My best friend is giving birth to her baby today. Perhaps at this very moment. Our other dear friend (we have kind of a trio) is there, with her kids (she's having a homebirth) and my heart is aching that I am not (although I wasn't asked to be, I guess in light of everything, I'm quite over-sensitive).

I am not so much grieving the loss of this pregnancy. I knew something was wrong from the very beginning, but I am finding myself wallowing in self pity and I don't like it! Seems like I am more sad at the idea of not being pregnant. I don't think I ever was truly "pregnant" even though my body was trying, but my brain sure thought differently. A very wide variety of emotions.

I am so thankful to have found this forum. I feel like I can share my feelings and no one will think I am just being a big whiner.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
First, I want to say I'm sorry for you loss.

My miscarriage in October was at 5 weeks and was about like you described. It was basically like a period- heavy/medium red bleeding, no cramping or clots, and over in about 4 or 5 days. By the second day by hcg was down to 10. As long as your hcg returns to zero I would say there are no probably no complications.

Again,
to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.