Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are researching both China and El Salvador for adopting a baby girl. But I can't seem to find alot of info about El Salvador.<br>
Any info would be great.<br>
Warmest,<br>
Sebrina

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Sometimes the babies who are adopted from Guatemala have birth mothers who are from El Salvador. The mothers come up to Guatemala because it is easier to give birth there and place their children. I know it sometimes causes a problem because the mother can't get the documents she needs from El Salvador. Guatemala is a quick, easy, painless process. We brought Dakota home at 5 1/2 months old.<br><br>
Kathi

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I'm sorry you had so many problems in Guatemala Holli. We also experienced the loss of a referral after we had spent a week with her, bonding with her and growing to love her. It was just two weeks later that we lost her. In our case also the birth mother did not want the child. In our case, the birth grandmother did not know there was a child. When she found out, she demanded that her daughter bring the baby home. The girl was only 18 and felt she had to obey her parents. Yes it was a horrible loss. We grieved as though our child had died. However, after waiting 15 months for a referral from China and no referral ever came, this was still a much quicker process. We lost the referral of "our daughter" in June. Our son was born in July. We brought him home in December. Actually two years ago yesterday. There are snags in every adoption. But for us, the Guatemalan process was quicker and less painful than China. And we have a beautiful little boy here with us.<br><br>
After the loss of the first referral, we were a lot more cautious. We didn't go visit him until the process was almost at the end. And we had walls up until we were on the plane home with him.<br><br>
Good luck with your little Guatling. I hope you are home as a family very very soon.<br><br>
Our agency works with Peru and Bolivia.<br><br>
Kathi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts