Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have

I've been reading the November and December birth stories from this site as well as some from other sites. I just love them.

It is getting me really excited to see how this birth will play out and I love the diversity of all the stories as anything can happen during labor.

It's a bit early for me to be doing this as I usually don't start this obsession until my 3rd trimester.

Anyone else?

· Registered
3,456 Posts
Yeah, since about 2 months before I was pg. :LOL I stick to the homebirth and UC sites, though. I try to only read positive ones, and lots of HBAC stories. I can't help it.
Sometimes I'm sitting here and realize it's 1am and I've been reading them for 4 hours or something.
:

· Registered
876 Posts
I've been reading them for YEARS too!
I like to go to birthlove and read the ones with the pictures. I skip over the rest of them. My favorite is one called something like.. The Birth Of Gray Forest Walt. I don't know if it's still googleable or not. There's an amazing photo (lots of them really) at the end of the baby grabbing for the mom's nipple. Something that would usually skeeve me out even though I'm totally a boob woman but I loved the picture.
This is also an amazing site:
http://www.homebirth-only.com/Births.htm
Tons of pics. Tons! It's run by a male midwife who does births in Mexico and CA. The stories are incredible.
I try to stay away from the mainstream sites but sometimes get lured just as I do with McDonald's french fries or a scary movie where you go "DON'T GO IN THERE!" lol! Except you're yelling at the computer.
I do enjoy it though. The diversity is great.
Take care,
Karen

· Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Karen, thanks for the links--I'll have to go check those out!

Davina, they are totally addicting, aren't they? I always get so into them and the excitement. I usually end up crying at the end.

· Registered
741 Posts
I've been reading them for about a month now. I've only read some from MDC and NCHomebirth so far. I like to read about homebirth, uc, and hospital births good and bad. My emotions seem to follow the same pattern for each story, I get a rush of fear and anxiety as the labor progresses immediately followed by tears of sympathy and joy when the baby is delivered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.