Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey mamas,

I'm feeling unusually perky today for being 8 weeks pregnant. I wouldn't say that I have severe morning sickness. Just that constant flu like feeling, sensitive to smell, and struggling to eat anything. I recently stumbled up a website called Pink Stork. I didn't buy anything from their product line but I have been experimenting with a couple of their recommended supplements and have started drinking Apple Cider Vinegar three times a day. The probiotics and monolaurin (which is lauric acid from coconut oil) made me feel immediately better, I've been applying the magnesium spray several times a day which is helping with the constipation, but the thing that seems to be the trick is the ACV. It's so counter-inutitive but the acidity helps my stomach settle. I even add a little lemon juice in the morning. I'm not throwing up so I don't know if this would help that but the icky stomach, I'm telling you, it's a miracle.

Have any of you tried this protocol with success. I'm praying I'm not have a fluke few good days and have founds something that works.

By the way I'm still feeling slow and tired but it feels like what pregnancy should feel like. Different but manageable.

Thanks for reading. Eager to hear back from some of you. :x

·
Registered
683 Posts
interesting... I have tried acv in pregnancy before for heart burn, and found it helped with that. The problem is getting myself to choke it down right now, since the thought of it is so off-putting.

I also use magnesium spray for leg cramps, and find when I skimp on it I don't sleep very well at night.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm going to need to try that. I have had a lot of nausea but the constant awful taste in my mouth is what's driving me bonkers now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interesting... I have tried acv in pregnancy before for heart burn, and found it helped with that. The problem is getting myself to choke it down right now, since the thought of it is so off-putting.

I also use magnesium spray for leg cramps, and find when I skimp on it I don't sleep very well at night.
I thought the same about the ACV but it actually makes it easier to drink the water. I can literally chug a whole glass.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to need to try that. I have had a lot of nausea but the constant awful taste in my mouth is what's driving me bonkers now.
The ACV has helped me with that. I don't have that metal taste in my mouth that even a good toothbrushing couldn't get rid of.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Magnesium safety

Will definitely be trying the AV, and also the magnesium spray...Thanks for sharing! I actually took calcium/magnesium/citrate before pregnancy, but wasn't sure if it was healthy during pregnancy. I've heard you have to be careful with magnesium as it can be dangerous to the baby, but have heard that magnesium spray or epsom baths are okay??? Any one have any insight on this?

·
Registered
455 Posts
My midwife actually recommends that I take magnesium while pregnant. I hadn't heard it could be dangerous for baby, will have to check it out.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have never heard that magnesium is dangerous while pregnant. In fact, I take relatively high levels of oral mag. citrate, and have done so through 4 pregnancies (with healthy kids). I get really bad leg cramps and this is what helps.

They give magnesium in the hospital to pregnant women to stop premature labor.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just tried ACV for my 1st time (drinking it) yesterday, I added a few glugs(super precise!) of Braggs to about 16oz of water and had the most difficult time drinking it! I think I only got about 8oz down... What is your ratio of ACV to water? Does the lemon help? have you tried ginger-powder or fresh? I have seen honey suggested to sweeten, maybe that would help. ACV seems to have so many health benefits I would love to be able to tolerate it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just tried ACV for my 1st time (drinking it) yesterday, I added a few glugs(super precise!) of Braggs to about 16oz of water and had the most difficult time drinking it! I think I only got about 8oz down... What is your ratio of ACV to water? Does the lemon help? have you tried ginger-powder or fresh? I have seen honey suggested to sweeten, maybe that would help. ACV seems to have so many health benefits I would love to be able to tolerate it!
Hi there. I do one Tablespoon and a splash of lemon water to about an 8 oz glass of water

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi there. I do one Tablespoon and a splash of lemon water to about an 8 oz glass of water
Thank you! I have tweaked my mixture a bit, these past 2 days I put much less ACV in the water and it was good...relatively speaking. I did try adding honey and lemon and it was so much better :) was able to drink it all.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I haven't been taking magnesium so far this pregnancy. The last few days I have been so nauseous I could barely function. Then last night I was having some muscle pain and constipation so I took magnesium before bed. I slept well and woke up feeling so much better! Nausea is all but gone, same for fatigue and dizziness. Not going to forget to take my magnesium anymore! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts