Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More specifically - has anyone ever tried to "take in" the legs on a Firefly? If I wanted to put a couple of tucks in the legholes, what would be the best way to do it?

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Good question! I would love to know this too. Actually if the rise could be shortened that would make it perfect for Bret (would also make the leg holes smaller), but I don't think you can really do that w/o making a huge mess of the diaper.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Could you maybe snap them with either a lower rise for a tighter leg, or add another row of snaps so the leg openings only are tighter? I don't own one so I don't know exactly how they look, but thought I'd throw this out there. If you don't have a snap press, I'm sure you could send it to someone with the potential snap placement marked and have them snap it for you.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I'm seriously considering adding a second row of snaps to my firefly dipes to make them more of a one size concept. or you could add a row of aplix to use when they are small then remove it when they get bigger.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm. I wonder if adding some snaps would help. That's an interesting idea - I'll have to look at them tomorrow and see if that would work.<br><br>
I don't have a snap press though, so I would rather "smallen" the legs myself somehow... I just don't quite know how to do that without messing up the shape, yk? I wonder if I could add a gussett?...

·
Registered
351 Posts
I think that Jenn at Make-It-Snappy will add snaps for you for a fee. I know there are a couple other people out there that I'm not remembering; I'm sure any WAHM would help you out if you paid them (or maybe for free!)<br><br>
A thin strip of velcro may also work, and like Momtokay said it would be easy to take off if you wanted to seel/trade them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts