Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS is 2, and last night was reading books w/DH before bedtime. I wasn't in the room, but DH told me later that DS was standing next to him, looking at the book, and suddenly started rubbing up against his leg ("humping" him to be blunt). And after that DS grabbed at his (DS's) crotch (he was wearing a diaper).

DH didn't react to what DS was doing, but he's definitely concerned. DH was abused as a child so he's particularly sensitive to these types of situations. DS has never done this before that we've seen, he's shown some interest in his penis but never to this extent. We're not sure whether he's just discovering his body or if there's something else going on, maybe with one of the boys at daycare? That's the only place he goes where we're not with him.

Anyone have insights?

·
Registered
197 Posts
my first thought is that it is normal exploration. My son (no daycare, positively no abuse) has recently become very interested in his penis. He likes to play with it when he is not wearing a diaper and he often grabs at his diaper when he is wearing one. He has done that rubbing too but i can't be sure if he was doing it for pleasurable sensastions or because he liked the bouncing sort of movement.

Dr Sears says it is normal and that you should teach them it is something we do in private.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
My nephew did things like that to me when he was around that age.. I gotta admit.. it creeped me out - He's 7 now.. and no signs of being a body part humper!

·
Banned
717 Posts
Could it be that he just had an itchy diaper?
I would keep an eye on this behaviour if you dh is worried, but leave it at that for now, as it could be just normal discovering himself/ experimenting going on.
Are there any other signs that you might have noticed that can point to abuse?

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Is your DH sure it was humping?

My DS puts his body against mine and tugs on my pants when he wants to be picked up. He often goes up and down on his toes when he does this b/c he is trying to climb up me. Also if I'm holding something he wants he will lean against me and stretch while trying to grab it this often results in rythmic rubbing against my leg.

As for grabbing at his crotch DS does that when he pees.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input mamas! No, no other signs of abuse - DS LOVES daycare (usually doesn't want to leave when I pick him up at the end of the day), no physical signs, nothing like that.

Not sure if it was humping, exactly, since I'm going off of DH's description and didn't see it myself - but that's what he thought it was.

So far it seems the consensus is it's nothing out of the ordinary. I'm glad I asked!

·
Registered
941 Posts
My dd one time happened to straddled my foot when it was dangling off a chair and then started rubbing herself it in a very "interesting" way. Also, I used to take care of a little boy who started to hump his stuffed animals after seeing a chiuaua do the same. I think it's normal, and it's probably good your dh didnt react!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.