Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I am still breastfeeding my 26 month old - and have had my fairly regular AF since DS was 19 months old when I stopped pumping during work.  I am using the CBEFM and had two peak days this month where we had pretty good timing....A few days later I FELT pregnant - I was super bloated, had weird cravings and was really tired.  And then AF came ~11 DPO which makes me certain I have a LPD.  My AF seemed a little different than normal...sort of like more clotting? Which also makes me think we had a fertilized egg and it just didn't stick. Has this happened to any of you?</p>
<p>I am taking Vitex first half of the cycle and B Complex the whole cycle to try to fix it - but my DS is awful with nighttime nursing because he is getting his 2 year molars :(</p>

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
<p>I think this has happened to me as well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However I want to offer a caution regarding the CBEFM. I am using it as well, this is my 2nd month using it and I also chart and use OPK's to cross-check what the CBEFM is telling me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Last month my monitor coincided perfectly with all my other data and I ovulated on the 2nd peak day. But this month I actually ovulated the day before the first peak day (as confirmed by temps, OPKs and CM). The reason this happened is that my LH surge began shortly after I took my CBEFM test that morning (I confirmed this with an OPK later in the day), and then ovulation probably took place sometime during the night as the next morning my temp had already gone up. That morning I still had some residual LH from the surge so I finally got a peak on my monitor.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My point is that you can't be sure your LP was only 10 days, it might have been a day or 2 longer. And a LPD is often defined as a LP that is less than 10 days. Therefore you might not have LPD.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>That being said, it is still possible that you have LPD. You are the one who knows your body best so it could be that you got pregnant and the implantation was not able to complete successfully due to a short LP (some people have a later implanation so even if your LP were 11-12 days long it could happen). Have you tried temping? Temping would make it clear whether your LP is a problem and then you could get medical help if the Vitex and B-complex don't do the trick.</p>

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
<p>This has happened to me quite a few times.  Last time was the most recent (really really faint lines on a sensitive internet test at about 8dpo) but my period arrived at 9dpo.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I agree with the above information, except for one point ;)  I was diagnosed with a luteal phase defect when I had about 12-13 day luteal phases when ttc my first.  This was after I had an endo biopsy to pinpoint lining problems and then had low progesterone problems.  But MOST women with LPD will have a less than 10 day lp.  Mine since ttc #2 are around 7-9 days normally.</p>

·
Registered
532 Posts
I felt that way last cycle. We had great bd timing and everything, but my lp was only 4 days. I was really sad because I felt if we did have a little eggie it did not stand a chance:(

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
<p>Yes, I have definitely felt that way!  This last cycle, especially. </p>
<p>I was just diagnosed with LP defect, but not because of the length of my LP (temp stays up for 14 days), but because I start spotting anywhere from 7-10dpo.  My doctor thinks all the spotting is preventing implantation.  I tried a B-Complex, and it did lengthen my LP from 12 to the 14 days it is now, but it did nothing to stop the spotting.  But if you don't have any excessive spotting and want to just lengthen the LP, I high recommend the B-Complex - I started out on the B-50, and it added two days. </p>

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
<p>Yes, I've definitely had this happen too.  My LP was never more than 7-9 days until I got pregnant and it stuck.  I can't believe it did stick.</p>

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
<p>Yep, done it a few times myself. I never have an LP of more then 9 days while bfing except for the cycles that I do get pg. </p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts