Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had an ultrasound yesterday. I'm beyond ecstatic. We have three girls ages 13,9, and 2, and we found out we are having a boy! I'm over the moon.

This'll be our only ultrasound, I'm happy baby boy cooperated. I finally heard the heartbeat also. My midwife hasn't been able to find it, and i think it's always exciting to hear.

·
Registered
824 Posts
We're pretty sure we're not finding out. Surprise twins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nazsmum

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats on having your first boy, Hippie Mama! That is very exciting :) I can say from experience that they are a lot of fun!

We won't know until he/she pops out! But most of us are feeling it is a girl.

And surprise twins! How wonderful! xxx

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had bad anxiety recently, and I really didn't want to be pregnant again, and finding out I was pregnant added to the anxiety, so finding out has been a huge relief. I am happy with my three girls. I didn't want to add more anxiety in my life by waiting until birth. Finding out the gender at birth has always been my wish, but this time, waiting wasn't an option, because of the dang anxiety. If I was in any other place mentally, I'd have waited since we are having our first homebirth, and I love for things to be as crunchy as possible all the time, but seriously there are days I've been hanging on by a thread.

I'm over the moon about this. I have awesome nephews and I can't wait to have a BOY!!!!!!

Finding out twins gender at birth sounds exciting. So cool. My last pregnancy was a twin pregnancy and I remember when the dr stated there were twins, my hear dropped to my stomach. (Only one made it past six weeks, but I knew right away there were two. I usually have feelings about the gender of my kids when I peed on a stick, and that pregnancy I felt boy and girl right away.)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I'm "old" so we did the genetic bloodwork test at 11w, it had the option to know gender and we found out then.

Congrats on your little boy! How exciting.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I, too, was less than ecstatic about being pg. we have 4 boys and 2 girls that are almost a decade apart. I assumed this would be a boy and had been having visions of that. I deal with pregnancy depression so I've been just hanging on by a thread too. I did my one ultrasound and we were shocked to not see a penis. Granted, we didn't see girl parts either, but the fact that we didn't see a penis or testicles from any angle was enough to lift my spirits a bit that we might get another girl which I never thought would ever happen again...it was so long waiting for our second daughter.

So I feel hopeful again, and I don't think I would have felt that way with another boy. Also my 3 yr old boy is such a handful right now, the thought of doing that again right now is unnerving. I realize that girls can be handfuls too, but it's been my experience that it's in a different way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How exciting everyone!!! We did the genetic testing so we found out at around 11/12 weeks that we are having a girl. This will be our first peanut. I am very excited just need to start feeling better!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I hadn't had an ultrasound in over 13 years (since baby #2.. and this is baby #7), but thought it might be prudent since I'm still not getting younger... and it was so hard to resist finding out, but... we stayed Team Green! It was still fun seeing the pictures because I've felt rather distant from this pregnancy.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
It was still fun seeing the pictures because I've felt rather distant from this pregnancy.

Me too! It did help me some.
Definitely not feeling baby very often ever, because of the placenta in the front is making that harder. I hope that gets better...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I "think" we're staying team green this time. I don't have my ultrasound until 23 weeks so we may change our minds but having a surprise is exciting to us right now. Can't wait to see him/her on the trappings though! I have an anterior placenta too so this is so different than my last ones. I do feel little bumps once or twice a day though really low down which is neat!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts