Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 6 weeks pp and no AF yet - but I have noticed EWCM the past few days and thought maybe my cycle was getting back to normal (quick, I know, but this also happened when I had my DS). So, last night we got busy and didn't use any protection (duh!)
. Today I have gone from EWCM to watery and I know that usually means I'm ovulating. Does this mean I could get pg before getting my first PP AF? Stupid question, I know, especially since I am a pro at charting and all that but I'm not ready to be pg again and haven't gotten fitted for my diaphram yet.

Has anyone gotten pregnant before their PP AF? How did you know you were pg? Did you have any signs that you were ovulating or anything?

·
Registered
453 Posts
It is possible...when my son was about 10 months, I became pregnant with my daughter. We were terribly happy about it, but it was completely unexpected. I had no idea I was ovulating (though I knew it could happen, I had not had a pp af), I was breastfeeding, and we had gone through a lot of infertility stuff in order to become pregnant the first time. I didn't realize I was pg. the second time until I was 9 wks and had been increasingly nautious and dizzy. I actually went to the dr. to find out what was wrong and left feeling like such a dork...duh! (but a happy one of course).

In general, af will follow ovulation. When af returns pp, you have one instance of ovulating before that first pp af. In your case, 6 wks pp seems awfully early, but I guess anything is possible. I'd give it a couple of weeks and then test (just in case). I would guess that your hormones are just all over the place right now from the recent events
and you are not oing yet even though some signs may point to it. Best of luck!
Sky

·
Registered
921 Posts
Its very much possible to get pregnant before your 1st PPAF. Signs that you are ovulating would be the same as if you weren't PP: fertile mucus, sometimes ovulation pain, cervix signs, etc

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got pregnant right away after dd#1, they are 10 1/2 months apart and born in the same year (dd#1 in Feb, dd#2 in Dec)...so it is VERY possible! Good luck to you.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I have a friend who didn't have a period between her first 5 children. She just got pregnant at around 8 months each time.

love and peace.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yep...I got preggo with dd when ds was 9 months old...still bf...no pp af...and dh wasn't getting any that often anyway!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts