Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 6 weeks pp and no AF yet - but I have noticed EWCM the past few days and thought maybe my cycle was getting back to normal (quick, I know, but this also happened when I had my DS). So, last night we got busy and didn't use any protection (duh!)
. Today I have gone from EWCM to watery and I know that usually means I'm ovulating. Does this mean I could get pg before getting my first PP AF? Stupid question, I know, especially since I am a pro at charting and all that but I'm not ready to be pg again and haven't gotten fitted for my diaphram yet.

Has anyone gotten pregnant before their PP AF? How did you know you were pg? Did you have any signs that you were ovulating or anything?

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I didn't get pregnant, but I did ovulate before my first PP AF (16 months, thankfully). I was charting, so I saw the fertile signs, and then I felt ovulation occurring - it hurt! Then within the normal post-peak phase afterwards, AF started! So YES, you may have ovulated and it is possible for you to get preg. Since you haven't had an AF, I would suggest watching for preggo symptoms in the next 2 weeks, and take a test just to be sure. You can get good tests at any dollar type store for $1.
Stock up, because if you haven't had AF, you might psyche yourself out again later. I used 4 hpts before I actually ovulated, just because I had symptoms and it was possible (DH and I never use any "protection" - we just abstain when I'm fertile).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes!! WE tried for 2 yrs and had 2 m/c's before DD #1. I didn't have PP AF got pg and DD #2 was born 11 1/2 months after DD #1!!

BTW: I got AF when DD #2 was 4 months old, I went 25 mths with no AF and 2 babies! LOL

·
Registered
873 Posts
I got pg after 2 cycles pptm, but this was the topic at one of our playgroups a while back. One of the gals had gotten pg TWICE without having a period. Another had concieved #2 before AF showed up. My OB gave me a stern warning at my 6wk check up because she had just had another patient come in for her first pptm visit only to find that she was already 4wks pg

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Yup, Twice. Seems to happen very easily
. This time I noticed EWCM before I got my first ppaf. I only had 1 af before getting pg. Like I said, happens very easily.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Yep, at 5 1/2 months PP. I got what I thought was my period, but in retrospect the midwife is pretty sure it was just early bleeding and I gave birth at about 43 1/2 weeks pregnant, NOT 37+ weeks with a 9.5 pound baby!
I was way more careful the second time around. But I still got pregnant while tandem nursing, LOL.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Um, yep... got pg myself with #3 while nursing #2. Oops! Never had an AF at all. Of course when I called the OB to make an appt, I told the nurse that my cycle hadn't returned b/c I'm breastfeeding. Then the idiot asked the date of my last period-so I told her, December 2004. Man, I wish I could have seen her face!

This one is due in March so maybe I can go for 3 years with no AF. Just hope I don't get pg this time!

Beth

·
Registered
434 Posts
It happened to me twice. I always ovulate before my 1st pp af. I know when I'm ovulating because of my symptoms-cm and a lot of pain.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MistyP
BTW: I got AF when DD #2 was 4 months old, I went 25 mths with no AF and 2 babies! LOL
Hey, Misty, can I be a brat and one up you?

My son Jude was born in 2001. He was a really high needs baby and nursed a lot. In the summer of 2003, I got pregnant with my daughter Cicely. I didn't have a period in between the pregnancies. THEN, with Cicely, I got my first PPAF in Feb of 2005. It was 4 years of no periods!

Now, I did find that with longer PP AF arrivals that while the body is gearing up to O, there's a lot of starts and stops. It's like the body keeps trying to reach the hormonal threashold of ovulation. So, there were lots of EWCM windows, and quite a bit of fatigue and nausea. Before I got pregnant with Cicely, there were 3 months with windows of EWCM every two weeks or so. Before I got my PPAF after Cicely, there were a few months of EWCM too.

Oh, and there's a corelation betwwn getting pregnant with 1st PP ovulation and multiples.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
Oh, and there's a corelation betwwn getting pregnant with 1st PP ovulation and multiples.
Oh goodness don't say that! I had one PPAF when my twins were 15 months old and I had not ovulated before this. I know because I always get AF exactly 7 days after night weaning...no time for an egg. Now a month later I find out I'm pregnant. This one (?) is due 6 days after my twins turn 2. If I'm pregnant with twins again, I'll have 4 in 2 years exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bscal
Then the idiot asked the date of my last period-so I told her, December 2004. Man, I wish I could have seen her face!
I have done that a few times and they all have stood there a sec thinking
and finally asked how that was possible. My previous, last AF was 7/04.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts