Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully treated a child with tonsilitis naturally ?? And if so, how did you do it??? We are currently using high doses of GSE and drinking lots of vitamin C. Any other suggestions? (She's 2 years old and unfortunately does not know how to "gargle" yet, although I did *try* to teach her.
) Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I haven't had personal experience w/treating really young kids (I don't have any yet, but I have friends w/kiddos)BUT, if you're still interested ...echinacea really works! You can get an echinacea glycerite that makes it a bit more palatable for younger tastes. Really load her up on the echinacea. It is safe for kids. The tincture bottle should have the dosage for you. The other thing that works wonders for tonsilitis is garlic, but I don't know if she appreciates that taste. If she can't gargle, you could do a throat spray instead. Whatever you would use to gargle with, put that in a spray bottle and spray into the back of her throat (saltwater, apple cider vinegar, etc...If you have access to some herbs, licorice and marshmallow root are very soothing for sore throats, and would make good teas to add to a gargle/spray).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.