Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious how these work. Are the AIO PUL outer or knit? Do they wick? How are the covers? I'm thinking of getting some one-size stuff because my little guy is growing so quickly! He isn't even a month old and he's almost gained 4 pounds! I haven't really ever used AIOs...mainly pockets. I just want some opinions on these over FB/HHs. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
I've got a little Luke, too!! I've got a Mutt AIO that's a knit outer/PUL layer/micro inner! It's worked very well! It's never wicked, but DS has been "pointing" in the wrong direction and missed the soaker entirely! This has happened w/ all AIO's w/ snap-in soakers, not just Mutts. IME "true AIO's" like Bum-Ware or Very Baby Basic or Honeyboys! tend to work a little better so if they "shift" or are pointed the wrong way...it won't matter because the whole diaper is absorbant, KWIM?!

ETA: Your little guy will probably slow down quite a bit! My DS gained at least a lb. or more a week for the first few months, but has now slowed down to about a lb. or so a month! He's in mediums pretty solidly and I don't expect we'll move to larges anytime soon!

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
i love my mutts, but the AIO didn't work well for us. i don't know if he just "shifted" in the diaper so he missed the soaker or what, but he ended up wet. i gave it 2 tries then we parted ways. the same thing happened with LLs, so it may just be that we have a problem with lay-in or snap-in soakers. VB is the only AIO he hasn't leaked out of.

nak

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Ok, so another little Luke here...who can't wear his gorgeous print PUL Mutt AIOs because of the snap in soaker. We need true AIOs too. We also have some wicking issues - because we live way out of town they're in their carseats for 1/2 hr to town, then for awhile while we run errands, then back home again...we got compression wicking.
They are perfect for around the house or short trips, or if you're a dedicated AIO user. They're really soft and leave no red marks. If I had a girl, I'd use them because you wouldn't have the misses.
I love the fit, and the trimness. But for us we need super duper AIOs, and that has been Very Baby or even Bumkins.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
We have 3 Mutt's AIOs and I want more!!
They are PUL outer and microfleece inner. They are very trim and have yet to leak or wick for us. Dh always reaches for these dipes first because they are so easy and trim. I can put dd in her jeans and not have to size up to fit over the diaper.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I love the covers also! I have the solid color ones and they are my favorite. The print ones could potentially have wicking problems, but I haven't used a print one personally or heard any complaints. Same with the AIOs. I have a solid color one and really like it. I haven't tried a print one though. I do have a girl, so I can see how there could be issues with a boy and the snap in soaker being the only absorbent part. They are trim fitting and dry very quickly though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.