Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect my 4 yo has some food and environmental allergies. I would like to avoid the typical "scratch tests" as I have heard they are not very accurate, esp on young children. We have been doing an elimination diet w/ fair results for about 6 mo now, but I suspect there are some other things going on w/ him. His symptoms manifest themselves as behavioral problems which leads everyone (except myself) to believe that he just needs better discipline, etc.

I've looked into seeing an environmental allergist for P/N testing, but there are none that close to me plus none are covered by our insurance as far as I can tell. In the long run, I would rather him be free from allergies (if he indeed does have them) rather than treating them (w/ meds or neutralization drops).

I guess my questions are what allergies have you had treated? How is the testing and treatment done? Is this expensive?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
The testing is done using muscle testing. (You can ask more if you're not familiar with that)

The treatment is just simple accupressure points on the back. It's very simple & easy.

We have done lots of allergies. I haven't done environmental, but I know others that have and had success.

It can be expensive. My health insurance covers it because they cover chiropractic & it is a chiropractor that does the treatments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts