Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have six PUL covers with woven outers that wick like the dickens. I know, I know, I should have heeded the advice of the wise mamas here before I bought these (I've read more posts about lack of long-term success with these types of covers than anything else). My investment was significant for me, so I would like to save it if possible. Do you have any tips for me for using Nikwax to re-waterproof the elastic binding (that's what is allowing the wicking onto the outer woven print).

Oh, and yes, I have worked extensively with the WAHM who made them. This is not a customer service issue or post whatsoever.

· Registered
214 Posts
i had two bumpy covers (had cotton outters) i bought used that wicked and i used Nixwax to rewaterproof them. there are a few different types of nixwax so you have to get the right kind. it was almost two years ago that i did it. i think i used the TX Direct Wash In and it was pretty easy. just follow the directions on the bottle.

good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.