Mothering Forum banner

has my period started???

803 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  stafl 
#1 ·
ok i can post, dh is sleeping...:LOL
my baby is 1 m and a half...and bleeding stopped a week ago but somehow began again three days later...
:...i was not much concerned...i thought it was because i am back to work so early....but yesterday it increased and did feel like my period (cramps, diarrhea...) can i have my period already???? i am bf....exclusivly...how does your first period after pregnancy feel like??? do i need to be concerned...thanx a lot

See less See more
#2 ·
postpartum bleeding can stop and start if there is significant enough stress or exertion on the part of the mother. after our son was born, i had postpartum bleeding for about 2.5 weeks, and then i started spotting again and feeling crampy when he was one month old because we were making a huge road trip (700 miles each way) to a friend's wedding. after we arrived at our destination, it stopped again.

our son is 6 months old now and i still haven't had my period return.

hope you figure it out soon...

warmly,
claudia

#3 ·
I think it sounds more like your postpartum bleeding has started back up again. Are you nursing? For me, I got my first period 4 months after each baby (and that was during exclusive breastfeeding, so a bit on the early side). Each time the first few months of it were extremely heavy (like I'd soak through a tampon and a pad at night). It was awful. Actually, since this 2nd baby it really isn't getting much lighter.
Anyway, from what other friends have told me, their initial few periods were extremely heavy too - kind of like you're body is making up for all the time it missed. :LOL

#4 ·
I would consider it lochia if it hasn't been two months since baby was born. You'll know next month, if AF comes again, then it was indeed your period! It's unlikely, but not unheard-of.

FTR, my first few post-partum periods have always been much lighter than usual for me (but they didn't come until 15 and 12 months post partum, respectively). I don't think that is a telling sign either way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.