Mothering Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
5,189 Posts
We have had major "issues" relating to VERY speedy relations and lack of drive on his part, and I will always wonder if those are related to his circ, although I'd never say such a thing to him.

Love him to death, and I'll never leave, but I wonder if things aren't what they should have been.

· Registered
429 Posts
Yes, although I don't have any complaints, I do wonder how things would be different for us. Dh does not say anything but whenever ds (still only 13mos) points to dh's penis after a shower or when dressing, I wonder what he (dh) is thinking. We have never talked about it because I am afraid of making him feel bad or inadequate in some way. I don't want to make him feel worse about it. To me that would only add pain to what has already been done to him.

On a positive note: When my MIL found out that we did not circ ds, she looked right at my husband and said "Oh good. Please forgive my ignorance. I would never have done it if I knew better but it was what everyone did. You didn't even question it." He shrugged his shoulders and didn't say a thing but I hope on some level that was healing for dh to hear. I am sure there are plenty of boys/men out there who will never hear "I'm sorry".

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.