Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone just feeling all around crapy??? I have nausea that lasts all day, but I'm still super hungry all the time. When I do eat, I can't enjoy the food cause it makes me so queasy. After I eat I feel horribly bloated and gassy. Apart from that I'm dead tired almost all day. And for some reason, i'm kinda bummed too. I went shopping today and I couln't even get excited about some cute maternity clothes I saw. Am i the only one???? I don't remember feeling this way with my first pregnancy. I just want the first trimester to be over with already.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I didn't have any symptoms at all with DD, but with this one it seems to all be hitting me. I'm DEAD tired, I feel sick to my stomach constantly, and eating is a challenge because of it, even though I actually LIKE to cook again, and I don't really want to even do much because I'm so out of it anymore.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I'm actually hating it because I don't feel pregnant at all. I've known for a week and it already seems like it's been a year. Arg.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by green_momma2007 View Post
Is anyone just feeling all around crapy???

Yes. I'm not having the nausea/gassy thing so much, but emotionally I feel crappy. I'm also exhausted all the time. And I'm not as excited as I thought I would be. I, too, am anxiously awaiting the second trimester! Hang in there!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by green_momma2007 View Post
Is anyone just feeling all around crapy??? I have nausea that lasts all day, but I'm still super hungry all the time. When I do eat, I can't enjoy the food cause it makes me so queasy. After I eat I feel horribly bloated and gassy. Apart from that I'm dead tired almost all day. And for some reason, i'm kinda bummed too. I went shopping today and I couln't even get excited about some cute maternity clothes I saw. Am i the only one???? I don't remember feeling this way with my first pregnancy. I just want the first trimester to be over with already.
:

I have to say I really didn't enjoy my last pregnancy and I'm scared that I won't enjoy this one either. I have all day sickness, much worse that my first, and I have dropped 3 pounds since becoming pregnant because I can't eat without feeling sick....UGH.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Oh me too! I'm all the things the OP listed - nauseous, hungry, gassy, bloated, tired. I'm ready for the 2nd trimester folks! My partner attempted to have a conversation about what we'd do if the morning sickness doesn't go away the whole pregnancy - I nearly shot her!

I've just started my 9th week. It should let up soon, right?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Me too. I had no idea it was going to be this miserable.

I'm either just starting my 7th or just starting my 8th week (not sure when I O'd), and people say this is when it starts to get worse ?!?

At least I can come here to whine
. I'm so grateful for you ladies.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You and I have the exact same first trimester feelings!!!! Just yesterday I was sitting across from my husband at Chili's, while not able to eat my lunch, saying "I really don't think I can make it through another 6-8 weeks of this. Like, I SERIOUSLY DON'T THINK I CAN!!!!"

·
Registered
406 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGirls View Post
Oh me too! I'm all the things the OP listed - nauseous, hungry, gassy, bloated, tired. I'm ready for the 2nd trimester folks! My partner attempted to have a conversation about what we'd do if the morning sickness doesn't go away the whole pregnancy - I nearly shot her!

Hang in there...the seond trimester doesn't start until week 12!!!!! I had HORRIBLE MS, no puking, just the nausea, SEVERE exhaustion, food aversions while being hungry all the time, etc...with my 1st pg and it FINALLY let up around 15 weeks. I was holding out for 12 weeks and so bummed when it didn't stop----
: But, 15 weeks was the magic # for me.

I HATE, I mean HATE being pregnant. I LOVE the result, but I am an emotional and physical mess when pg. Now, I remember WHY I kept telling dh we needed to adopt if we were going to have 2---

But, here I am, a victim of temporary insanity! I am excited to have another baby, but not so excited about being as big as a house again.

I gain 65 lbs last time due to this type of MS....the always being hungry and nauseated and only able to phathom eating high fat foods.
:

I am adding exercise to this pg, so hopefully that will help some....anyway, I am way off subject here----my point being---YES YES YES, I HATE the first (and second and third) trimester!!!!!!!! Just give me the baby will ya?

I have found nothing to help except lots of rest, B vitamins and TRYING to be grateful....it works sometimes!
:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'm doing eh. In the morning, I am miserable. It is just my goal to get through the morning. I start feeling better around 11 am or so, and then I become extremely hungry, but only for a small number of foods, and everything else is absolutely revolting to me. The appealing foods change all the time. Yesterday lunch was white pizza; dinner was steamed vegetable dumplings and when I tell you that NOTHING else would do, I mean it.

I am having so many food aversions. I cannot eat or smell the following: banana, mint, ginger (sadly, this used to help with morning sickness - now it causes it), orange, Mexican.

I am all about lemon. And pasta. Even though right now the idea of food grosses me out, lemon and pasta sound OK to me.

Hopefully this will end in a few weeks when we're in the second trimester!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by APmom2Libby View Post

I gain 65 lbs last time due to this type of MS....the always being hungry and nauseated and only able to phathom eating high fat foods.
:

YES! I am the same way. Fat and carbs are the most appealing thing to me. Last night for dinner we were supposed to have salad. (gak). Instead I begged DH to get me steamed vegetable dumplings and lo mein. I housed them. I cannot begin to tell you how amazingly good those dumplings tasted. I could have easily eaten a second order and was contemplating going for it but then thought better of it.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGirls View Post

At least one of my books says the peak of m/s is 7-9 weeks. So it starts before and ends after, but *can* be at its worst during those weeks. I found this to be true my last pregnancy - I was lucky! By 9 weeks it was spacing out so I had good days in between the bad ones, and by 14 it was gone completely. I am hoping it holds true this pregnancy as well cause I am tired of lying around feeling guilty for not playing with DS, cooking, cleaning, or going anywhere.
:

I don't even get m/s bad (just gagging and feeling totally ick in my belly, but no vomiting) but I find it soooooo draining. This morning I was more gaggy than usual but less nauseated, so today isn't too bad a day :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
This first trimester is definitely worse than my first one! I guess it's lack of excitement on my part. It's so hard with a clingy 13-month old who has gotten clingier since we found out and sleeping worse than ever!! My steady diet of chicken noodle soup and mayonnaise sandwiches probably isn't helping the situation. I'm so ready to get it over with and hope I get more excited as the months go on.

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
Ugh, I'm having a horrible time. I'm 9 weeks today, and although I'm fine in the morning (well after I eat something anyway), I start to get sick around noon, and I'm pretty much sick til I go to sleep.

I'm in school! And my classes start at 11:30. Horrible. Thank gawd I only have class 2 days/week this semester. I have to time eating *perfectly* so I don't have to leave class to throw up.

UGH. Come on week 13!!

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Yep. Right there. Day looks something like this:

hungry/queasy
eat (hard to do)
is it enough?
still feel queasy
eat more
still feel queasy
eat more
feel overstuffed, but not queasy!
feel REALLY overstuffed and queasy
feel hungry and queasy
repeat.

and a steam roller rolls over me several times a day.

-Angela

·
Registered
474 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Yep. Right there. Day looks something like this:

hungry/queasy
eat (hard to do)
is it enough?
still feel queasy
eat more
still feel queasy
eat more
feel overstuffed, but not queasy!
feel REALLY overstuffed and queasy
feel hungry and queasy
repeat.

and a steam roller rolls over me several times a day.

-Angela
BARF!!! Eating is gross, as is kissing. Wish I could do both!

·
Registered
406 Posts
My dh came home the other day and asked why it is so hard for me. I said"Imagine someone shi**ing in your mouth, kicking you in the ba**s, then giving you a really bad case of the stomach flu...this is what I feel like on a good day!"

Why don't dh's get it? My dh went fishing twice this weekend and just called me from work to see if it would be okay to go after work---I was like "NO!!" .

Being up at 6am and trying to deal with a pg lady that is sick and hungry all the time, AND a very curious, adventurous 2 year old DD has me calling it quits the MOMENT he walks in the door.

Anyone else also feeling homocidal?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.