Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I had this brilliant idea for a switchplate cover so that my son could be able to turn the light on and off in his room without assitance. I don't want to give up to much of my idea cuz it's a secret, and I don't want anyone stealing my idea...LOL However I have no woodworking skills or even drawing skills to work up a scketch of what I would like to make. How do I go about getting my great idea made into a product?

Has anyone here had a good idea and then had someone else actually make your product??

I also have a great idea for an innovative pocket diaper but have no sewing skills.AARRRRGGGHHH

Corrie

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Hi, Corrie
One of my friends has some really cute switchplate covers in her house where the part that flips the switch goes over the toggle and extends lower than the rest and is part of the design on the cover. For example, the tiger tail hangs lower and the child pulls the tail to turn on the light. There's also an umbrella (you pull the handle) and something else I can't remember. They work really well.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so there goes my original idea. I was thinking of an elephant with a long nose to pull and other animals with tails. Oh well, Maybe I'll just go buy one...
COrrie

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
don't feel bad, stuff like that happens to me too. i talk about this great idea that i have with my husband, then a few months later i see that someone else had the same idea! no fair!

as for the sewing skills, i understand. i'm not a sewer either (yet) but i have some great boy's clothes designs! what to do, what to do! i plan on just busting my butt and learning how though. many fabric stores/sewing machine supply stores offer sewing classes for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Just an idea... if you really want to pursue some of your design ideas, check out ProtoSew They will help you get samples of your designs made up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts