Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm into my first month of no pooing and I
it! Thank you so much mamas for introducing me to this natural body care way of life. I was wondering...how long have people been no poo'd? Years? So, I've got one month (almost)...how about the rest of you?

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
The last time I used regular shampoo was in Feb of last year. I'm still figuring out what works best for my hair, though, through trial and error. Just happened upon the wonders of lime juice! WOW! That stuff is amazing!

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
lime juice (just a little squirt in a cup of water) got my hair clean, without the baking soda, and conditioned without the oily feeling vinegar leaves behind. I'm going to try it again today, and see how long I can go before needing the BS again (I've been using baking soda every two or three days because of how oily my hair is - I used to need to shampoo twice a day most days)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I did it for 8 months. I have to admit though that I stopped. My hair was so dry. And I had to wash it every 3 days, wheras when I used Dr. Bronner's soap, I only have to wash it every 7 o 10 days. I experimented with different things, but it just didn't work for me. I may return to it someday because I do like the idea of it.

Lauren

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have been going since January. I am pretty happy with it. My girls do it also now. Used to just wash their hair every once awhile with baby soap now don't really use anything. Their cradle cap it finally starting to flake off. My husband is kinda doing it also, he still poos at work sometimes
But all in all very happy with it

·
Registered
779 Posts
One year this month! Yeay! I must admit the bs/citric acid is great, but I'd like to find a good occasional conditioner that won't make my hair greasy.

Love, love, love not throwing those plastic bottles in the trash!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I no pooed for exactly one year. Then I fell off the wagon
: I just missed lather. I
lather. Sigh. The problem is, no poo worked GREAT for me. My hair just isn't as nice with shampoo. So after three months of poo I'm back off the stuff.

I'm assuming that this will be a regular thing with me. I'll no poo for awhile, start longing for lather, poo again, realize all over again how much better my hair looks/feels/is no poo and go back. Eh, I'm fine with that
:LOL

I washed this evening with baking soda and a diluted lemon juice rinse and my hair is just so nice to run my fingers through

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Its been about 18 months for us. Both dh and I are loving a mix of honey and BS and I "condition" with a mix of egg and yogurt. My hair has never been so soft, shiny, and healthy!! I often add different essential oils so my hair smells AWESOME too

·
Registered
638 Posts
O.K., I'm totally new to this idea. Could someone please tell me step by step what you do instead of pooing. And how about not drying up too. I love conditioner. I can hardly comb through my hair without conditioner. What do you do. I like this idea if it works so great. I'd love to not have to buy shampoo anymore, and just buy a huge bulk bag of baking soda.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Mama
O.K., I'm totally new to this idea. Could someone please tell me step by step what you do instead of pooing. And how about not drying up too. I love conditioner. I can hardly comb through my hair without conditioner. What do you do. I like this idea if it works so great. I'd love to not have to buy shampoo anymore, and just buy a huge bulk bag of baking soda.
I think there's a sticky at the top of this forum...

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Yep, I just put the link in my signature.

Hey, if anybody has any new ideas/additions PM me, okay? (Stafl let me know about how the lime juice works for you and I'll add it to the sticky).

LOL at Shannon, I'm a dropout too, but I'm sure I will go back to no-poo in the future. I started in Feb. of last year and I guess started using the shampoo again in December.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
6 months for me. My hair is stronger and longer, and my allergies are no longer tormented by the perfumes in shampoo.

My babies (4 1/2 yo and 2 yo) have been no-poo all their lives! For them, I usually just rub their heads with a wet washcloth. Only when they get mud, sunscreen, etc. in their hair do I use the bs and acv.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts