Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out today my placenta is right above my cervix so I have to go back in 7 weeks for another u/s to check on it, in the mean time no lifting no hanky panky

just curious if others have it or have had it and what happened? did it move up? did you have any other side effects? did you have to have a c-section?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Alot of placentas are low lying ealry in pregnancy. The usualy move up as the uterus grows, but doctors like to tell you that it is a bad thing right away, ei, bed reast, no lifting. If you arnt bleeding there is no reason no to carry on you normal day.

The placenta has been there a little while and if you havent run into major complications now when they baby starts to put weight on it chances are you are going to be just fine and it will move to a more favorible postion.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My cousin's was low lying on her mid-term ultrasound but resolved itself as her uterus grew. I read that 15-20% of women have low-lying placentas at mid-term ultrasounds and that 95% of those resolve themselves by 32 weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.