Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ew, ew, ew. It's there every time I swallow, thick and ... ew. It makes me gag several times a day. Nose isn't the slightest bit stuffed, it feels like it's all in the throat. Please tell me there's something to do about this??

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
Are you staying properly hydrated? I have increased saliva and it gets thick if I don't drink enough...

·
Registered
615 Posts
I haven't necessarily been phlegmy, but I have been drooly and slobbery! So maybe if you are more hydrated you will just have loads of saliva, too...<br>
I am over 38 weeks now and it hasn't stopped, I drool the second my head hits the pillow (and it tends to be much slimier more solid drool) and sometimes when I am talking I choke on my saliva, so embarrassing! But at least I don't just drool and slobber obviously (except on the pillow).<br>
I also started to experience the congestion mostly at night and I started snoring (maybe the last 2-3 months). My husband moved to the guest room next to our room first, then he had to move to the basement! I start to snore about 30 seconds after my head hits the pillow! I don't even know I'm asleep yet!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm almost 25 weeks and I've had this to varying degrees throughout my pregnancy. The only thing that helps a little is saline rinses with either a Neti pot or NeilMed Sinus Rinse bottle. It's super annoying. And then when I catch a cold, it's out of control! Sorry you're suffering too mama. It stinks.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I've been super phlem-y, and I drink so much water that I have to force myself to eat sometimes because I'm over hydrated. I feel like my voice has changed to a deep man voice to try and combat whatever it does to make me be unable to talk!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts