Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We gave away most of our baby stuff. So far I got a pair of soft-soled shoes (on sale for $3), an organic UTN dress from ebay for $2 (just in case it's a girl. You can't go wrong for $2!) and two sweet little newborn fitteds. I know I shouldn't but it's all just so cute.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Nothing yet. I'm DYING to buy newborn diapers, though.
: I probably won't buy anything until 12+ weeks because I'm all superstitious like that. I can't even use the excuse that I'm waiting to find out the gender, because we're not going to find out.
So I probably will start buying stuff once I hit 12 weeks.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
hmmm. Well, I really don't plan to buy much of anything. Although I guess I would need some girly type clothes if it was a girl. However, I am not too concerned I am sure I will have a baby shower and if it is a girl will be getting more than I could possibly use. I still have most everything from Luke, carseat, diapers, cosleeper and many clothes and shoes would still yet be appropriate for a girl, especially the baby stuff.

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchy_mama
hmmm. Well, I really don't plan to buy much of anything. Although I guess I would need some girly type clothes if it was a girl. However, I am not too concerned I am sure I will have a baby shower and if it is a girl will be getting more than I could possibly use. I still have most everything from Luke, carseat, diapers, cosleeper and many clothes and shoes would still yet be appropriate for a girl, especially the baby stuff.
Aw, that's nice. I don't think I get a baby shower for number four.
I didn't for number three. And we thought we were done and gave most of our stuff away. I am going to make a concentrated effort not to have so much "stuff" this time though.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
i keep looking at all the newborn diapers!! i havne't bought yet but i am itching too!! i think that since i don't have anymore diapers (silly me sold them all!)
i might ask for a diaper showerand give people list of the diapers and sizes and websites that i want! and then i have my friend thats pregnant to fight over baby stuff that i lent her with her last baby!!! hopefully hers is enough older and bigger that i will get most of it as hers out grows it all!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Muggins&Doody
Nothing yet. I'm DYING to buy newborn diapers, though.
: I probably won't buy anything until 12+ weeks because I'm all superstitious like that. I can't even use the excuse that I'm waiting to find out the gender, because we're not going to find out.
So I probably will start buying stuff once I hit 12 weeks.
I didn't buy any dipes with the last baby that I m/c even though I REALLY wanted to, so this time I told DH that I would feel better if I did. We agreed that I could spend up to $100. I have about 6 fitteds, 3 AIOs, and 4 covers now. I just feel so much better

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Nothing yet. Dont need much and am trying not to buy much. I will buy some CD's since we didnt CD any of the others (I just ordered a bunch for my toddlers, we are getting some AIO's, fitted, prefolds and covers and see what we like, I want to try some pocket dipes too, but ran out of money).

Other than that, I need nothing unless its a girl as I gave all my girl stuff away (actually traded with my exsil, I had a girl when she had her boy, then when I was pg. with a boy and her with her dd, we swapped stuff, but I think she gave all her stuff away to her cousin).

Well, I will need a few things, like birth announcements and a babybook. Oh, and a new charger for the video camera as it quit working, but can that count as "baby" stuff? Of course, I also want to stick some money back beforehand for newborn pictures, oh yes.

Otherthan that, I really want to trade my Kia Optima in for a minivan!
Can I count that as a baby expense too?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Yes, as embarrassing as it is to admit, I bought several things even before we conceived......actually, months before we even started trying.
Got a great deal on an Arm's Reach Co-sleeper that I couldn't pass up. I also found some nursery decor items on eBay that I just had to buy. They were the very same nursery decorations that were in my own room as a baby and I plan on using them in our child's room (even though he/she will probably co-sleep w/ us for a while)....oh yeah, and some cloth diapers.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I have not...but I sat in a glider rocking chair today at Burlington Coat Factory and thought...I *need* one of these! lol

I had a huge yard sale in June and sold every bit of baby paraphernelia. Every. Last. Thing.

We tried to conceive for over a year for the baby I miscarried in March. Then I came to terms with the idea that I might not have any more, as it took years for us to conceive #2 too. (Our kids are 8 years apart...11yo and 3yo!)

But...the yard sale juju worked...we were seriously not even trying and now I'm pregnant!

So, though I have not purchased anything, I will have to do it eventually...not a onesie to my name....nor a dipe!

·
Registered
197 Posts
No, but yesterday I was making a quick dash through a department store and noticed a lot of maternity clothes on sale. I gave all mine to a friend a couple of years ago and I seriously doubt she will be giving them back.

I still have a lot of baby stuff. Cots, bedding etc, anyway. Clothes I will have to buy all over again because I have *no* idea what has happened to them

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I found a *great* deal on some infant ipf/shirt sets a couple of weeks ago, along with some covers and a pair of wool shorts.
They are so freaking adorable!!!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Annette- I believe you are right don't hear about many showers for baby #4, although it would be nice if all babies were celebrated.

Well, if prego clothes count I've been buying those forever. I have my own, my cousin's, sil, sil's sister, and when I see a good deal on anything cute I get it. This weekend I got 2 sleeveless tops, a pair of capris and jeans, each for $1, in perfect shape. I especially don't have many jeans as my last babe was born at the end of JUly.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Before I got pregnant I bought some CPF that were on sale for $.50 a piece. I am superstitious so as much as I want to buy I won't until I am farther along. I am giving stuff away, my crib for one, my big butt travel system stroller. I will be getting an organic moses basket pad, a new wrap, some born at home tshirts, a baby book. Some dipes, I will knit a bunch of soakers and sew up more wipes, but unless I have a boy and I am not finding out, that will be it. Then I will need a pack of jammies (most of my old ones go both ways) but after the newborn stage, if it's a boy this kid is gonna need clothes.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I bought a hat while on vacation in June. I've been trying to hold back as much as possible. I did pick up some clearanced maternity shirts in July. Does that count??

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Well, we bought a stroller already because it was the one I wanted and on major sale! Seemed silly. I do sling and babywear, but i have back issues and can't manage for hours. Besides, when you are babywearing it is nice to have something to push around that has all the crap you are carrying with you!

I have been collecting things here and there. I did buy some nice baby clothes right after I found out, about 80 bucks worth -- we didn't have anything.

I still want/need, a co-sleeper, carseat, maybe a baby swing (nice for times when I am cooking or peeing), a new dresser for the baby's things, a new sling and a new wrap.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I am also itching to buy some stuff. I did give stuff away we had from ds already but that was because I knew when we had another baby, I wanted new stuff. Most of the stuff was well used before we got it anyway. I really wanna buy a new sling and a baby papasan swing because it looks so comfy that I dream of sitting in it
. We are not planning to find out the sex but we have gender neutral newborn clothes from ds (eventhough we knew he was a boy - just in case he was a she
) so if it's a girl it will not matter and we can buy her clothes after she's born. We think this one is a boy too though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have bought a few things already too. My ds is 17mths so I have all of his stuff,the car seat,a sling,wrap and mei tia already.

But I have bought a onesie at old navy yesterday while I was back to school shopping with the kids it was on sale for 1.99 ,and i have bought 2 covers, and 2 all in ones, and 2 pocket dipes and one fitted; smal/ newborn already.

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
Nothing yet. We don't really need much this time. But I have been dying to buy some newborn dipes or atleast a few xs covers!!! I need to get some more stuff listed on ebay cause I know any paypal funds will go towards diapers!!!

We haven't told anybody IRL yet though so I'm sure after we do I'll feel more like it's real and atleast buys some little gender neutral clothes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.