Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and found something you left there??

I was just thinking about this house we lived in DURING THE 80s and the crawl space under the stairs.. I used to go in and had a fort kinda like in there.... I wonder if I left maybe a cassette tape in there! (In the ceiling there are spaces where stuff can go in there)

I havent ever seen that house FOR SALE!!!!!!! -- Although its been thru a couple different owners it must not have been on the market long!!

I WOULD LOVE TO GET IN THERE and check the heating duct where my room was and the crawl space downstairs!!

Its sad,the house doesnt look as good AT ALL as when we lived there..... Plastic Windows,PLASTIC SIDING!! (That new crap everyone gets now) -- Totally ugly...............

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
yes i did. it felt weird .... i was with my DH actually & hadn't been in that locality for at least 15 years, it was not a house, but a flat withD old large stairways with a concealed door for a cupboard on one half level, which was then unlocked & i found my first gifted handbag (still hideous, style of the mid 70's or so, i left it there ...), books i read when i was about 10-12 (LOL, DH picked a few for himself, since he was then learning my language .. & we still have a couple now) and a few other toys i had totally forgotten about ... it felt like a "time capsule" !!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I know........... I think it would be fascinating to find a cassette I accidently left in the cubbie hole in our house!!! (If it ever went up for sale I would be in there so fast looking)

·
Registered
243 Posts
How strange. I had a dream about going back to a place - but a boarding school of sorts. The people in my dream were all friends from a school in really did go to. We discovered somethig and an old secret hiding place under the eaves of a roof which we always used when we were in the school led us to solving this mystery which we discovered after returning. It was all very bizzarre yet very real! I've never moved house so it can't happen to me but would be so interesting.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IsaFrench said:
yes i did. it felt weird .... i was with my DH actually & hadn't been in that locality for at least 15 years, it was not a house, but a flat withD old large stairways with a concealed door for a cupboard on one half level, which was then unlocked & i found my first gifted handbag (still hideous, style of the mid 70's or so, i left it there ...), books i read when i was about 10-12 (LOL, DH picked a few for himself, since he was then learning my language .. & we still have a couple now) and a few other toys i had totally forgotten about ... it felt like a "time capsule" !!!

Sounds exciting!!!!! - I would have taken the handbag from the 70s.... A MUCH BETTER TIME!!

Ahhhhh would I love getting into the house we lived in in the 70s!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I keep waiting for my childhood home to go on the market...I lived there from 3-14...My dad built that house and out back under a tree I remember burying a tin of treasures...it is on 10 acres of wooded land and goes on the market fairly often because everyone swears its haunted!!!! 😁

1 - 7 of 7 Posts