Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like cloth wipes that are more like 12x12 would be really handy sometimes. On the go, for face wipes, bathroom use for older toddlers, etc.

Anyone ever wished for a bigger wipe? If not, am I just crazy? If so, did you get any and where? The biggest I've seen anywhere is 8x8.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
I have a friend that uses terry washcloths, just like the kind you'd use for a bath. She grabbed up a bunch when they were on sale once and she is very happy with them as wipes. I'm not sure if they're 12x12, but they are larger than 8x8.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Yes, I agree! I had this problem some time ago and I ended up buying a bunch of cheap 10x10 washcloths from Target. The size is great but they are not holding up well. I just ordered a bunch of custom 10x10 wipes from Crystal's cloth. I got a different fabric on each side. I cannot wait to get them. We run out all the time around here. I hate working with bunches of little wipes.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
My mom made me these big wipes (probably about 12x12) with BKT and I hate them LOL...I keep thinking I need to cut them down to 8x8 which is my favorite size but I am too lazy so I just grumble every time I have to fold them in half in the stash of wipes because they are bigger than all the others!

Steph

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yeah, I like the smaller wipes too... actually, I like my Luke's Drawers wipes the most cause they're rectangular (I only have a few brands anyway, so I can't really talk:LOL) Have no idea why :LOL

ETA - The LD are 7.5x9.5, FYI

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have some 10X10 wipes, and 9X10. he 9X10 will fit in a baby wipe container. just not as nicely as the 8X8. I love the larger ones.!! I make some smaller( some like 7X7) and i make some larger 10X10. or 11X11 or even 12X12(even htough I have never neded them that big) Everyone is different and the cheap wash cloths at target are not nearly as nice as velour or sherpa.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.