Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I POAS this morning, but carelessly splashed a little (hey, it was early, and it is hard to be that co-ordinated when you first wake up
).

So the result was the CONTROL was blank, no control line at all, but there was a very clear, very dark BFP in the other window.

It is killing me to wait until lunch to go buy another test, so I thought I would ask here if anyone had heard of this before.

Trying not to get too excited, but....
:

OK. Calming down. Would love to hear what you ladies have to say. TIA.

Amy

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
I'm sorry. It's a faulty test.

that test line could have been the conrol line and the stick was put into the cartridge incorrectly.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
There's two things that could be happening: one is that that test is invalid. It's possible that that test strip was manufactured upside down. two is that your hCG is super, super high and that dye from the control line was pulled to the test line. I think that First Response had a problem with that, but even then there was a faint control line.

I'd first go to the store and buy a new test, and then call the manufacturer of the first test and get a refund or a coupon or a new test or something.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Have you missed a day of your period yet? If not I'd wait until tomorrow and use first morning's urine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Moon Diapers - you follwed me on the 2 threads I posted on. I would like to say, I really should actually pee in a cup - LOL!!

AF is messed up b/c last month it came 4 days early. Based on when I think it should have come, it should be Wednesday. But, 4 days early is last Saturday - so I DUNNO!! I hate this!!

I will keep you posted

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
You have more self control than I do...

It is impossible to say if that was a real BFP or not. Sometimes, the strips are not positioned correctly, so you may have been seeing the reference line and believing it was the test line. How frustrating.

I always always always pee in a cup first and then dip the test. I just don't have good enough aim to do it the other way.

Good luck tomorrow!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Reading this thread is making me weak! I was all determined not to test again until at least Wednesday or Thursday but damn I really want to. They're sitting here - 4 tests...staring at me.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2faith2004 View Post
Thanks Moon Diapers - you follwed me on the 2 threads I posted on. I would like to say, I really should actually pee in a cup - LOL!!

AF is messed up b/c last month it came 4 days early. Based on when I think it should have come, it should be Wednesday. But, 4 days early is last Saturday - so I DUNNO!! I hate this!!

I will keep you posted

Even if it came 4 days early - you restart each month as day 1 being the first day you get your period. So let's say you should have gotten your period on the 4th of the month, but you got it on the 1st - then you should expect your next period on the 28th, not the 2nd of next month (if you have 28 day cycles that is!)

I'd POAS! I got my first BFP with DD the night of 10dpo - night pee actually worked better for me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, it appears it was a bum test

Clear Blue was negative this morning.

As for my AF - still nothing.

I am always 28 days, but last month was 24, so I counted from DAY 1 and AF should have arrived on Sat (for 24 days) or Wed (for 28 days) which is tomorrow. That is why I did not know when to test.

I think I am out this month though, thank you for all the support and information!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.