Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering changing web hosts but the idea terrifies me

I have heard good things about WatersWeb, anyone with any experience switching to them? I am not web savvy and it took a while to get my system down so switching worries me

Keri

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
I switched to WatersWeb. It was the best thing I did. I didn't have any downtime because I kept my old site and host and kept my doula stuff there. It's really easy to set up and she'll answer any questions if you have them. I just added another site for hosting through there.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Please share why it is the best thing you ever did. I am being told it will be so much better in the long run but what will be better? I have gone to sites that are WW and they aren't any faster or have any more bells and whitstles that I can see. If I am going to go through this major upheavel and spend months learning a new system I need to have a tangible reason why I should do this.
Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Keri

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
My website has only been down once in the last year compared to 3-4 times in 2months with my old host. I have features available like stats, email through my website, picture hosting, quick responses to questions. I could have had some of these things through my old host, but it would have been alot more expensive than what i'm paying now and not as reliable.

It did not take long to learn the system. 2-3 days, when I did my next one I didn't need any help getting it up and running. From when I changed where my nameservers went to when my site was live it was 24-48hours(I'm thinking it was closer to 24 but don't quote me).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.