Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
oh my, they look just like sos to me. can someone better versed in the art of diaper sewing tell me what is different about them (besides the fact that there are several in stock
)?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Quote:
It looks like they fold out instead of in for the rise adjustment.
ok, i see it. thanks.

Quote:
What is up w/ the name "Pinhead" anyway?
dunno. hey what's worse, that or dingleberrys?
no offense to the dingleberrys mama if she hangs out here

ETA: no offense to the pinhead mama either!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I don't have a Pinhead diaper, but I do have SOS, so comparing it to the pic:

The top of the body of the diaper is shaped differently. The Pinhead diaper is rounder. It also looks like the wings are a tad wider and rounder. This seems subtle, but it really would change the fit a bit.

The snap configuration is also different.

If I had a larger picture of the Pinhead diaper, I could be more specific.

There's only so many shapes to make a diaper, you know?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by liam's mom
ok, i see it. thanks. dunno. hey what's worse, that or dingleberrys?
no offense to the dingleberrys mama if she hangs out here
lol i think its a tie. pinhead immediately puts the guy from that scary movie he!!raiser and dingleberryz, well that makes me think of yucky stuff too.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea the name is sort of strange. Being that I sew I didn't really associate it with Hellraiser right away :LOL It just doesn't make one think of a cute diaper, does it? They do look like SOS, but with a different snap down it looks like. How many ways can you make a one-size diaper, though, I guess?
Since SOS are so difficult to get its sort of nice to have an alternative one-size diaper that isn't Cuddlebuns, KWIM? Reviewing one's self is really a bit bizarre
:

I thought they looked nice, so I figured I would share
If anyone gets one do a review for us MDC mamas... unless I crack and just order myself out of curiosity

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
i saw her site a while ago... they used to look identical to cuddlebuns.. thats why they fold the same way.. i mean they were IDENTICAL, lol. I remember someone sending the link to the BBY list ... then they kind of evolved into what you see now.... which looks like an SOS to me.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DreamingMama
They look like the Manyducks one-size somewhat, but all the one size kind of resemble each other. Nice!
UGH, just seen the self rating.
:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think her dipes look really nice. I like her site and logo.

About the self review... it's kind of neat, really. It's a bold step towards marketing her product.... I like it.

Being a wahm, it's so hard to get your name out there.. you remain unseen for so long, while constantly struggling to be noticed. Then, people sell things on ebay with a name similar to yours, or similar things happen... it's really tough. I think she is trying to get noticed... to get her name out there.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Okay I broke down and ordered one. I wanted the Halloween print but it was gone when I went back for it so I ordered the Autumn Harvest print. I let you guys know when I get it.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tree Huggin Hippie
About the self review... it's kind of neat, really. It's a bold step towards marketing her product.... I like it.
I can see your perspective. If she had just stuck to *information* in her self review, as in "I created these one size diapers to give consumers an absorbent, trim option with a velcro closure" or some other statement about the uniqueness or construction of her diaper, I'd think it was more neat.

But to give yourself a "5" rating seems like of, well, pathetic or something. And generic statements like "great fit" rather than information seem like just puffery.

I think it would be better if she would encourage her existing customers to rate her diapers (she does have a "rate us" button that will take people directly to diaper pin). I've purchased from many new WAHM's who have politely encouraged public reviews, and I think when your customers appreciate your product, they will take 5 minutes to provide such a rating. So the absence of any reviews other than her own says something, I think.

Karla

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I think her diapers look pretty neat. She has some unusual fabrics and the way they snap down could be kinda cool. They DO look kinda like a SOS knockoff. I wonder, if it is fasioned aftter an SOS, how much does one have to change the design before it becomes their own?

The real test is in the workmomship. Time will tell. Well all know Suzie's attention to detail and perfect stiitching. That cannot be copied easily.

About the Diaperpin Review. I know I wouldn't write one about my business, but dont think she is bunk for writing one about herself. She did not write it under a different name, nor did she try to be decietful. And as far as giving herself a 5 rating. She has to pick something, right? Would you give yourself a 3 (average) rating?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Quote:
I like the khaki/leopard print, but of course it's already been sold
It's back!!

So my Autumn one is on the way and the maker said she had some of the fabric left over and made me some matching wipes and a bib.

As for the self rating as long as she stated she is the maker I have no problems with it. I know of a diaper maker who used a different name to rate herself and tried to make it look real by rating a four. I just found it sneaking and have never bought from her since.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts