Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to dh about this.. I have a more than adequate supply so why not use bm for instead of cows milk or soy milk on things like cereal or in baking? Anyone done this? Its a little taboo in this society but it makes a lot more sense!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Things I have used b-milk for:

In my tea when I wanted real creamy chai, but coudn't drink cow milk due to DS's allergies.

In a birthday cake/frosting when I ran out of rice milk. Shhh... don't tell! ROFL!!!

Of course I have also used it as eye drops for pinkeye, ear drops for ear infections, rubbed it into dry/irritated skin... The usual mom stuff.

Kathryn

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Little cuts and scrapes, and to help a baby kittie we found outside....

Thats about it.

PS-I never used it in cereal because it was a little too sweet for me AND I didn;t have an unlimited supply. But I would totally use it for oatmeal and baking and stuff my 2nd time around!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
nak

sometimes i use bm instead of nasal drops for ds and dp--it works pretty good at loosening up dried boogies :LOL

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
FWIW... you can't make instant pudding with it - it won't set up. LOL

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I never pumped, so I haven't baked with it, but I have used (and still do) it as eye drops for ds' clogged tear duct. I just squirt him in the eye every now and then to make sure he never gets an infection (which he hasn't) and also nose drops when he's stuffy.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
To treat my own conjunctivitis....it worked beatifully

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nose drops and eye drops for ds, works WONDERS!!!!!!!!

Dp just had conjunctivitus for the first time and refused to use any in his eyes.....even though they were swollen and hurt. Even after I read him some stuff about the immunoglobulin in breastmilk. Silly, silly dp.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilhomegrownmama
Nose drops and eye drops for ds, works WONDERS!!!!!!!!

Dp just had conjunctivitus for the first time and refused to use any in his eyes.....even though they were swollen and hurt. Even after I read him some stuff about the immunoglobulin in breastmilk. Silly, silly dp.

:LOL sounds like my dp--I had to sweet talk him a bit to get him to try my bm as nasal drops--and then he didn't want to admit it when it worked

·
Registered
26 Posts
since my DS was born my dry skin has got worse and worse and psoaris (sp?) has fleared up - after reading this i will try it to see if it helps and will let you know how it goes - geee silly me - i hadn't even thought of other uses!!!

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by loving-my-babies
yep, I've used it for stretch marks (very few that I have
) also I make icepops for ds with breastmilk. He LOVES them!
Wow, does it really work for stretch marks? Man, I wish I had known that.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyKat
Things I have used b-milk for:

Of course I have also used it as eye drops for pinkeye, ear drops for ear infections, rubbed it into dry/irritated skin... The usual mom stuff.

Kathryn

someone told me to use it on my sons pink eye and i thought they were kidding. well 2 days later its all gone! i never would have thought!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.