Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
If you're talking about the Diaper Buddies made by Danica at The Soap Deck, then YEP!
I've used them since she started making them.
They're awesome!
I get the Peppermint scent.
They are made to help deodorize your pail, but also add a little boost to the diaper wash as well.
Two thumbs up for Diaper Buddies!

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I have tried them. They work well, but kind of a pain for me since I do a cold rinse before I wash, so I have to pull out the Buddy if I want it to be in the wash instead of the rinse.

They smell really nice and do work well to boost det imo. Def give them a try!
Danica does great work... I am addicted to her soap.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yes, I have. I like them a whole lot and the peppermint smells great.

But since they are just baking soda and scent, I've made my own when I wanted to either use baking soda in the wash or wanted some pail deodorizing (see fuzbaby's website for recipe).

Now I've got a tight fitting lid on my diaper pail and the smell doesn't bother me if I operate the foot pedal quickly enough. So I don't use anything in the pail and I don't feel like I need a laundry booster (I have my doubts about baking soda being productive in my wash as well).

Karla

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lifetapestry
But since they are just baking soda and scent, I've made my own when I wanted to either use baking soda in the wash or wanted some pail deodorizing (see fuzbaby's website for recipe).
Karla~ When I asked Danica what was in them (now mind you this was quite a while ago... over a year ago... she may have changed the recipe since then), she told me there was saponified oils (soap) in there too. So it's more than just baking soda and EO's, it is soap too.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by grisandole

So, if I do a cold soak, I need to take it out of the pail?

Kristi

Although Julie leaves hers in for the soak, I take mine out.
I soak overnite with a cup of baking soda anyway.
I take out the Diaper Buddy (I take each dipe out of the bag individually and put it into the washer anyway) and save it for the wash cycle.

I don't worry about the tiny bit of soap that it contains, since I use so little laundry detergent and do a double rinse.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
Thanks! I do the baking soda overnight soak as well, so maybe I'll remember to take it out.

I just ruined a wool liner (which was awesome btw) because I forgot to take it out of the diaper before tossing it in the pail- it's so tiny now

Kristi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.