Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize I'm only 17 weeks (18 tomorrow) and am probably overreacting but I'm getting worried. I felt the first kicks at 14 weeks and since then have pretty reliably felt little thumps and flutters several times per day. Usually a big helping of protein or orange juice, or BDing with DH, will get the little one bouncing around in there. But I've done all those things (sorry if TMI) and I still haven't felt anything except for two little flutters yesterday morning.

Somebody tell me I'm overreacting, I'm feeling tempted to call my midwife and beg for an appointment today just to check with the doppler that everything is okay in there. DH thinks I'm overreacting and being overly nervous (and he's probably right) but I am just worried about the baby.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Baby is probably fine. I'll be 17wks tomorrow and have been feeling daily movement up till 2 days ago- then nothing. Zip. So I listened w/the Doppler twice yesterday and twice today, and baby sounds great. Try not to worry- but if you're just distracted with anxiety, def. call your MW and ask her to listen w/the Doppler so that you can relax- for both you and the baby!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I, too, went a couple of days this week without feeling movement... I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and have been feeling movement since around 16 weeks.

Anyhow, the movement started up again this morning. I spent a bit of time worrying this weekend myself, but I think that my little guy was just in a different position for awhile.

They say not to pay attention to movement til the 3rd trimester because it can be so inconsistent that it can cause unnecessary worry.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
The movements I'm feeling are very sporadic still, which is a different pattern than my other two pregnancies. This little bean was really active at my 12 week ultrasound, but I'm only feeling tiny flutters once in a while, sometimes going a day or two between when I'm sure I feel them. I heard the heartbeat on Sunday, so I assume everything is okay, but I am anxious about my ultrasound still!

·
Registered
261 Posts
this exact same thing happened to me a week ago, right when i was 17 weeks. didn't feel movement for almost 3 days of paying close attention. then went in, convinced the babe was gone, and there was a heartbeat. since then, he's been kicking around again.

but, if you'd feel better, go in. my midwife chided me after leaving a message on the non-emergency line saying, "if you EVER think your baby is dead, call the emergency line!" i was just afraid i was overreacting and would get scolded for that.

maybe there's a growth sprurt or something that happens then? b/c i,too, had felt movement since around 14 weeks...

keep us posted.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to my DH when he called to see how I was doing, and told him about how concerned I still was, and he encouraged me to call my MW. I called her and was in the middle of scheduling an appointment for this afternoon for a doppler check when guess what? Little stinker started kicking. A good 15 minutes or so of strong activity. Nothing since then, of course
: but that made me feel SO much better.

I have a feeling this little one is going to be a handful and a half, though.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeanSprout Mama View Post
I talked to my DH when he called to see how I was doing, and told him about how concerned I still was, and he encouraged me to call my MW. I called her and was in the middle of scheduling an appointment for this afternoon for a doppler check when guess what? Little stinker started kicking. A good 15 minutes or so of strong activity. Nothing since then, of course
: but that made me feel SO much better.

I have a feeling this little one is going to be a handful and a half, though.
STINKER!!!!

Oh boy, you're in for it!!! I can just see your little fetus in there laughing his/her little head off right now
"Haha, got YOU mommy!"

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
STINKER!!!!

Oh boy, you're in for it!!! I can just see your little fetus in there laughing his/her little head off right now
"Haha, got YOU mommy!"
Seriously. At the moment I'm expecting him or her to become a very spirited little child. Which is fine with me, DD is also and she's a ton of fun, even though she's a ton of work.

Kicking up a storm today. I love feeling it and am just glad he or she seems quite healthy and happy in my belly today!
:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.