Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UGH, I was just in the middle of typing and lost everything. Today has been such a rotten, depressing day! Now that it's 11PM and I want to sit down at the computer by myself, Liam is cranky and won't let me put him down. I soooo need a break.

So I got a nice pretty red Liz Cloth wool cover yesterday, and put it on him for overnight. Well I woke up this morning and changed him, and his white diaper was PINK! Apparently the wool cover bled all over it when it got wet. I was soooo mad!
: I put the dipe and snap-in doubler into the washer right away to see if it would come out. Most of it did (still pink patches so my Cloud 9 and I are not happy), but where the heck did my snap-in go?? The washer ate it!
UGH, picture me cursing right about now. I'm pretty pissed about my Liz CLoth. I got it used off eBay so UNDOUBETDLY the seller knew about it and sold it for this reason. What do I say to her, if anything? And can I complain to Liz or is it out of my hands? I paid for this cover and for shipping, I don't want that money to go to waste.
Also, I didn't take much notice until now about the Kissaluvs I got from Natural Babies; they're the limited edition with the terry outer/colored fleece inner. I got all three colors, 6 in size 1 and 6 in size 2. All the 1's have purple stitching and all the 2's have fluorescent green stitching regardless of fleece color. The contrasting colors look so awful! Did anyone else get these? I really hate them, and want to send them back but shipping is sooo expensive from Canada. On top of that, one of them got lost from my dad's house to mine, and I can't find it.
I was waiting for these diapers for so long and now I feel awful every time I see them.
Now I normally wouldn't get so emotional, but I started feeling crappy, so everything else that happened seemed 100 times worse. Liam has been so clingy. I went to Subway for supper and ended up dropping my apple pie on the floor without getting a bite. I almost cried. I went to Tim Hortons afterwards to try and find some good dessert there, but they didn't have anything I wanted. I had some apple pie there but didn't enjoy it. I have been short-tempered and snippy at everyone around me. I just feel like such a b**** for acting like I have today but my diaper dilemmas really threw me over the edge. My mother is in the hospital recovering from surgery; I never get along with her as it is, and she's being such a super b**** herself so it's rubbing off I guess.
Someone just send some good vibes and advice my way before I crawl in a hole and have a mental breakdown. Please tell me PPD isn't finally setting in.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm sorry you're having such a bad day... I am right there with you, especially in the fussy baby department.

Try soaking the cover in vinager to set the dye... I don't know what else you could do since it is used..

HUGS!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
(((((hugs)))) Seems like once the day starts out bad it gets worse...why can't it ust get better...I hope things look brighter tomorrow....

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
BIG
's Want some of my ice cream? I'll share.

I would try washing the diaper again, and use the vinegar to set the dye in the cover so it doesn't happen again.

Sounds like you could use a good nights rest too, try and get some sleep.

s again

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Awwww....

I have a red BBH wio and the cover bled on my bed/diaper. (C was in a PF, so I didn't care that much, but I was bummed about the sheets, although its washed out of them too...)

ANYWAY...

Hopefully Candy won't mind me sharing what she wrote to me to "set" the dye. I'm going to c/p from the pm she sent me (what a nice Mama that Candy is!!!! She was so awesome to write me
). It worked for me-- and if your wool is at all similar, hopefully it'll work for you!! (I deleted parts of pm that only applied to my situation
)

Hi there,Please try this, as the other methods mentioned will not work.
Using a medium to large size pot, place the cover in there and cover it entirely with vinegar (or mostly vinegar + water) and add about 1/4 cup salt. Heat up to near boiling and keep it at this temp for 10 min. Allow to cool on its own. Rinse and lanolize if necessary. That particular wool jersey has been washed several times, so shrinkage is actually minimal.

Let me know if the problem persists after trying this method.

Thanks!
Candy

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone for their warm replies... I had myself a little cry which was much needed, and reading your posts really put a smile on my face
Is it not hard to tell that I don't really get to socialize?
And thanks you SO much seepae for the indirect fairy thing. You don't know how speical that makes me feel since I've only been coming the past few nights. I don't even have friends IRL that would do that for me! To tell you the truth, I don't have any favorite dipes. My Cloud 9 Softies aren't really absorbent enough for my DS' pees, neither are my AIOs. And his IPFs are still too bulky on him and I have to admit that I reach for sposies far too often these days (I keep them at my dad's for when I run out of cloth; I spend most of my time here as I get too lonely at my own house). Some days I almost feel like giving up on cloth but then I see how sposies make DS' bum red, and then the relief on his face when I put a cloth dipe back on him. I'm just so emotional right now, sorry for the spewing of my overloaded mind! Maybe it's time go to back to a counselor. Anyway, I know these dipes are hard to get, but I would really like to try an El Bee, Firefly, or FLAG... even if it's used, it would really make me happy.
I'll try vinegar on my wool when I get a chance. I really don't want that money wasted. I just hate the fact that now the front of the cover is lighter than the back, it looks funny... at least it didn't stain DS' cute little pajamas.
Thanks for all the
girls, I really felt it.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm feeling a lot better today... Liam was airing his butt a little on my bed and decided to let out a huge BF poo, but I didn't even really mind that so much (except sometimes you just don't wanna touch that kinda mess lol)
I e-mailed the seller of the cover and explained what happened and how I was very disappointed with my purchase. I haven't left her any negative feedback yet, I hate retaliatory feedback (happened to me once and I didn't even do anything wrong). I'm just going to wait to see what she has to say and take it from there. And as for the cover; I checked Liz's website and it says that you can only get wool in natural colors. So, this was probably the seller's own creation that she didn't want to deal with when she found her problem. Oh, the joys of eBay.
As for the Kissaluvs, I'm still not sure what to do with them. I haven't even washed them yet because I really do cringe at the contrasting colors. I might say to heck with shipping and send them back anyway... I just wish I could find that missing diaper so I could make up my mind about what to do and as Nike would say, JUST DO IT lol
I'm feeling much better today, but would love to make a fluffy order to cheer myself up. I know the El Bees and FLAGS are hard to get, are Fireflies the same thing?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This post is probably going to get buried, so I don't know why I'm still writing here... but I got an e-mail from the seller today. She said she got it kool-aid dyed from someone else and had the same problem. So she did the vinegar/stove thing and figured it'd be solved and put it on eBay since it was already too small for her DS. She said I can send it back for a full refund... hopefully it's worth it but shipping can be SUCH a rip-off! I do feel better about it though. The washer still owns my snap-in for my Cloud 9 Softie, but I'm just going to have to accept that
Now I'll work on seeing if I can do anything about my Kissaluvs. I found the missing one in my dad's car, so I'm going to see if there's any matching diapers that I can exchange for, or they're going back. I'm not settling on these mismatched ones!
I am feeling a lot better about things today! I even gave in and bid on an El Bee wool coverCover Someone tell me I didn't pay too much for this! I wish I had an actual El Bee diaper to try out, but I guess I'll just have to wait for a stalker to be kind and grab one for me too. Any offers?

On a side-note, my little brother really amazes me sometimes! He's 13 and refuses to try putting cloth diapers on. He'll take them off but will reach for a sposie if he's kind enough to offer a diaper change. Anyway, I haven't directly shown him how all my dipe stuff works, he just watches me sometimes. The other day I left Liam on the bed with just an IPF on. Well, my lil brother put his BSWW on, and then passed him to me. He quickly saw that he left some of the IPF poking out of the legs and pointed it out to me. OMG, I was surprised! Today I was like "Ugh, I left my Snappi home, now I hafta use pins and I'm too lazy!" So he replied with... "That green thing??" I couldn't believe it! Then he picked on me for not having pinned DS' IPF tightly enough, so I had to re-do it for him. ROFL I can't believe my lil brother!

·
Banned
254 Posts
:bighug

just my twocents as an ebay seller, but she should refund both shipping costs and refund the purchase price. she KNEW that it was defective and didn't mention it in the ad.

i recently sold a pair of jeans that i failed to look at closely, i shipped them off and got and email from the buyer b/c they had some stains on them. i offered to pay for return postage as well as the full purchase price and original shipping. i figure that i was at fault b/c i did not look at the pants closely enough. (she ended up making them into capris, but gave me good feedback anyway b/c i was willing to work with her!)

i realize that people list on ebay to make money, but they need to do it ethically. selling something that you know is defective and not disclosing the flaws is dishonest and bad business.

if i were you, i would ask her to send you a refund for the original amount you paid for shipping to send them back to her. then upon reciept she should refund you the actual return shipping cost and the purchase cost of the jeans.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts