Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every cover I've tried so far (Bummis SWW, Bummi original, Litewraps, Prowraps, Nikky, Niji, Bumpy) all flip in toward her belly over the prefold and the velcro is rubbing against her tummy.
: Is this just what velcro covers do or am I doing something wrong? I haven't tried the Bumkins yet, are those any better. My little on is super tiny and even though she is at the high end or over the weight range she fits with the velcro almost touching on every cover I've tried. Maybe that has something to do with it, she also gets wing droop with most of them too. I'm thinking I may have to use pullons after all. I like them ok but was really hoping to use a velcro cover. Any suggestions? I'm pinning her prefolds mostly except I layed it in thirds in the Bummis just to try it out. I did have one cover not do this, the Biobottoms cottonbottom but I just cannot justify spending that kind of money on a cover.
Michelle

·
Registered
647 Posts
It sounds as though your covers might be too large if there is wing droop and the velcro is almost touching. Have you tried something smaller? We use Litewraps and when I fasten the I like to angle the wings a little downward so that the velcro is closer to the bottom edge of the loop fabric. We do, however, get the top edge roll-in right where the binding is that likes to curl right over the pre-fold. I figured that was just how they are! But the velcro never rubs his skin so it sounds like maybe yours are just a tad too big. Weight ranges are pretty general and not all sizes are equal, a lot like women's clothing!

Andi

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiamond
I'm having a hard time grasping exactly what's going on here. . .would it be possible to share a picture?
I don't have a pic, but you know how you look at pics on websites that sell the covers and in the front where the velcro is it is nice and smooth against babies tummy? Well after my little one wears it and I go to remove the diaper, the cover has folded in at the waist over the diaper and the cover is on the inside next to her belly instead of the diaper.
I think like a previous poster said, they may be too big for her. My problem is that would mean she needs a newborn cover and I don't think that would work for her rise?? Maybe though, cause it would certainly fit her legs and waist
I guess I'll keep trying different ones and sizes. Thanks for the replies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.