Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a wonderful conversation with my mom. I just wanted to share because it made me
: I was just about to present her with my UC idea when she surprised me.

Me: So I was telling DH that if I have a midwife I don't really want her to bother me. She needs to stay in the other room. I don't want anyone touching me. But DH said she needs to be in there to make sure everything is okay....

Mom: Why don't you just have him deliver the baby?

Me: What?

Mom: Get some training, get some books and have him deliver the baby.

Me: Oh my goodness. I was just about to say that I was thinking of having a UC. I can't believe you are cool with this. Why?

Mom:
*laughs* Why not. To each his own. I mean I wouldn't do it but everyone is different.

Me: But you dont think I'd be putting my baby at risk and being irresponsible because there won't be a doctor or midwife?

Mom: People have been having babies before there were all these fancy doctors and hospitals. As long as you do some research then I don't see the problem.

I am so happy and surprised. It goes to show you never know how someone will react. I was sure she'd be telling me I was being crazy and ignorant. Now to convince DH

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
That is SUCH amazing news!!

Wishing all family members (and general public) were like her!
:

Please, can I borrow your mother for a while?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.