Mothering Forum banner

(See explanation below) What option would you choose for Baby #2?

• Adoption

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Egg Donation

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Do not have any more children

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Try for another child - "leave it up to a higher power"

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Try for a girl using Shettles method, etc

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Embryo selection procedure

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Other, please elaborate

Votes: 2 7.7%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15,997 Posts
I am a fan of adoption myself. Even if yu have ag irl you are passing opn thisb urden.. SHe will one day have to sit and decide what she is capable of, what moral lines she will cross, and whther or not to have a baby, be a parent etc. . .

I htink adoption i a wonderful thing. I have two friends who lost thier second child to a genetic disorder handed down by them. They both chose open adoption and had a child with in 9 months. CHildren that looked like them and were healthy and local. It has just been such a blesing for them.

With some of the procedures listed there are moral implications you need to deal with if you believe life begins at conception. Embryo selection and genetic testing with termination of a fragile x baby are beyond what I would be comfortable with. Sperm selection and the trying to hit the right day ones are moral neutral but what happens if you end up with a boy and then he has the disorder? how dissapointed will you be? Egg donation is more or less adoption plus in my estimation. Iwould probably try that funds permitting but you have ot consider the cost associated to care for your first child should his condition require more care.

i am so sorry you are facing this. You and your family will be in my prayers. there are no easy choices.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.