Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hey there mamas,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Here I am... 39w1d... have been having contrax all day, since about 9 this morning (it's 2p here now). They're less than 5 min apart, lasting about 20-30 secs, and I'm just walking/working through them. Not pleasant, but I can generally distract myself through them.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've been assuming they're just practice contrax, but if so, when are they going to go away...?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Not due 'til 2/1 and was hoping to make it 'til then (it's a special day for me), but maybe this babe has other ideas...</p>

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
<p>(it's a beautiful day for a gentle birth!)</p>

·
Registered
785 Posts
<p>I think the only way you would know if they are practice or not, is to stop walking and to lay down and relax. Even take a shower or bath. If they continue through all of that, and progressively get closer together and lasting longer, it might be the real thing.</p>
<p>You might have to make yourself slow down for the evening to know for sure. :)</p>
<p>Good luck and can't wait to hear.</p>

·
Registered
235 Posts
<p>They sound like practice simply because of how short they are. I would take a warm bath, drink 4 oz of wine, and rest. If that doesn't stop them then it's probably the real thing. Good luck!</p>

·
Registered
235 Posts
<p>And I had "practice" contractions on and off for sometimes HOURS at a time for 2-3 weeks before DDs birth so... you just never know. Hang in there!</p>

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
<p>thinking lovely thoughts of you and your babe! </p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts