Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just find that the last few nights he has wanted to nurse ever time I try to get comfortable, which means that I never really feel like I am comfortable! My body already feels so different and I feel like I need to shift a lot to maintain comfort, but being in the nursing position is NOT comfortable right now! Anyone else having this problem?? I don't know if I will be able to continue with this through pregnancy. However, I also know that not continuing with it might be a lot worse (as far as he is concerned!) Feedback, please?

·
Registered
33 Posts
is nursing more it seems now that I'm pg? It is hard to get comfortable, and it seems like with those estrogen surges anyway I am up way too much, Nipples are a bit sore too.......

I hope that I/she doesn't ends up weaning. This is harder than I thought. I nursed up till I was about 5-6mos pg with my daughter 19(!) yrs ago, my my 2yr old at the time didn't nurse as much as this daughter does.

I am tired and cranky......

bjunkie
due 3-14-07

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Totally, but it's more her than me - she's incredibly restless, crawling all over the place, grabbing, latching on and off and on and off and refusing to sleep. It's not gonna work when I become exhausted. I'll probably nightwean her sometime in the next few months. But she's quite a bit younger than yours, I think, and I will probably end up tandem nursing again.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My milk is drying up already. Any suggestions to help increase it? I was taking Reglan but quit because I knew I ovulalted and there was a slim chance of getting pregnant lol.
I soooo want to tandem nurse, Eli is only 13 months old.
Jackie

·
Registered
59 Posts
DD is nursing more and more at night. She's 19 months old and I'm 8 weeks pregnant. My nipples are so sore! And it's impossible to get comfortable with a toddler attached. I'd really like to night wean but she's marathon nursing at least 10 times a night. I'm wondering if she senses something, or maybe heard me talking to DH about night weaning LOL....
I know my supply is dropping so maybe she's trying to raise it???

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
My ds is almost 22m and he does seem to be nursing a bit more at night. Not for long periods of time but just to pop on and have a quick snack
I'm not minding that so much but like others it's hard being comfortable lately. I haven't noticed a drop in supply yet but I am trying to get him to take in more solids....especially at night to see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
My understanding is that there's not much you can do to overcome the pregnancy supply-drop, the usual tricks for increasing supply usually can't beat the hormones.
Having done this once before with a one-year-old, we just upped nutritious foods and drinks and added some vitamins. Luckily dd is way into food now, too.
DS was not fazed at all by the lack of milk, he dry-nursed right through my pregnancy and was happy to get milk again at the end.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
What Cassidy said. Also, I've found that even before my supply drops, my milk is just different somehow -- flavor/consistancy...somethin'. I've taken to keeping a sippy cup in bed with me. If Aiden won't settle I give that to him & it usually does the trick.

With my 2nd pregnancy it really sucked to have to have the most tired part of my pregnancy also be the time when I had to learn to feed my ds1 more & balanced foods (he only ate 1 meal a day & snacked, prior to my pregnancy).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts