Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still am not sure which is best to use for your climate.

Are you able to use wool in Hawaii or is it just considered too hot
As I understand it from a friend that longies are just not do-able there. I use wool exclusively at home but its not nearly as humid here and a totally different climate yk?

PUL/Nylon aren't as breathable is my understanding but I am just not sure on what to do for our vacation. And would like to know what you use.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
I'm not in HI, but just wanted to say that wool is not considered a hot fabric. It's very breathable.

I have family in HI and I think they use Wonderoos. I think they tried Little Lambs PUL AIOs before that, but they were too hot.

You might try cross-posting this in the Hawaii forum.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
Well I'm not sure how to cross post do you mean like cut & paste it

I know wool isn't considered HOT really but being in Hawaii is HOT so anything could be hot to me :LOL

I definitely won't be taking our wool longies with us on our trip

·
Registered
813 Posts
I live on Oahu and we use lots of wool.
I use wool longies for pjs and sometimes throughout the day. We have the a/c always on and tile floor.

We also use nylon pull on covers and some aios for going out.

HTH!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh thanks again Stephanie
I guess I will venture on taking my wool to Hawaii afterall yippee!

I probably will pick up a few nylon covers like you suggested previously still. I bet they're better for the beach anyways :LOL I just can't imagine what 8 days without my wool would be like. I would SO be missing it. Thank you very much again

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I used Aristocrats wool covers but never longies. Wool is breatheable and works pretty good for overnight over a prefold.
My diapering system consisted of prefolds and Bummis Super Whisper Wraps covers which are PUL/nylon. They worked well and dried quickly. Drying time is pretty important in Hawaii.
It's not as hot as you think though. There are usually nice trade winds blowing and it doesn't usually get above 90. It was even in the 50s a few weeks ago in Hilo at night.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaofthreeboys
Thanks
Well I'm not sure how to cross post do you mean like cut & paste it

Yeah just copy your post and paste it into a new thread in the Hawaii forum. Unless you've already gotten all the information you need here.

Quote:
I know wool isn't considered HOT really but being in Hawaii is HOT so anything could be hot to me :LOL
You know those big long robes they wear in the desert? Guess what they're made out of?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Not a problem, Kimberly! If you need anything while you're here just lmk.
I would def. suggest some nylon pull on covers for the beach, too.

Have fun on your vacation and remember that it can get pretty chilly here at night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.