Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it is possible to have a home birth after 2 cesearans??? I wanted so badly to have a natural birth with my first, unfortunely, I didn't have the support or the knowledge to insist on it when the time came, then with my second I opted to have a 2nd c-sec
: I had the mind set that the Doctor knew best and at the hospital I was delievering at they had all VBACs on hold. I have done ALOT of reading since then and would really like to have a home birth!!!! Any info would help (as we are now trying for the third) and I would like to be completely prepared!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey there slinginhipmama!!

I am one of love_homebirthing's friends....

I HAD a homebirth after 2 c/s - and am here to say it is ABSOLUTELY possible!!! (and wonderful, I might add!!)

I would love to answer any questions you have regarding hba2c... What someone else said about ICAN-Online.org is so true - that is where I went for support and comfort when I thought all doors were closed to a "normal" birth experience...

I don't know where you live or if you have any info on open-minded midwives who would take you on as a client, but I will say that I have known people (from ICAN) who have even gone so far as to birth in a hotel near a good midwife, fly out of state, or fly a midwife in state to assist them in birthing... Not to say that you would have to go to that extreme, just saying that you might have to "think outside the box" so to speak... with the birth culture the way it is right now, it is sometimes challenging to FIND someone who would assist you in a hb.

I actually had a homebirth at my friend and doula's house. It was her idea, and I was feeling a bit uneasy about hba2c in the small town where I live - no emergency services in our less-than-desireable hospital, in case anything happened. That said, I would definitely stay home if I were to ever have another - not even worry about medical services in case of emergency, b/c for me - I truly trust the birth process that deeply now.

It is wonderful that you are thinking about all of this right now, before you are pg again. It gives you that much more time to really search and find the right provider for you in your situation...

I would love to chat more... feel free to email me anytime at [email protected]. Best of luck!!

Kirsten

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the support!! It is so nice for a change! I live in florida, and my husband lost his job 6 months ago.He finally found a job but we are still on medicaid for the time being (his benefits don't kick in for another few weeks) and to tell the truth we may need to stay on medicaid for a while, as we are still trying to get on our feet again. Anyway, does anyone know about medicaid in Fl???

As for the websites, I will definetly check them out...please pm me with any info...I am new to this!!!

be well all you birthin' mamas!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
When I went into labor there was another mother in my midwives practice who had had 4 repeat c-sections and she was attempting a homebirth, that was in labor. She had been in labor for about 5-6 hours when my water broke and tolerated lobor for another 24 hours after that.

·
Registered
252 Posts
There is no way that a Florida mw taking medicaid (licensed) is going to do hba2c. You might hang out on the unassisted forums or find the renegade unlicensed mw's in your area who will help you on some kind of payment plan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.