Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man oh man! Up to this point, we have done EC at the obvious times--after naps and meals. He started signing "potty" in December, and he has been getting progressively better with signing before eliminating, so we can usually get to the potty in time. We switched to training pants full-time 2 weeks ago, but there are times when it would be easier to stick him in a dipe and not worry about it, ya know? Like a quick trip to the store when you have to be back home in an hour....

He doesn't like to not go to the potty when we're out! Lol I know I should go with it and enjoy it, but he still refuses to sit on a big toilet and sometimes it's a pain in the rear to carry the big diaper bag with the Potette when I have to run in real quick. So the past 2 days he had full-blown tantrums in public. I tried the big toilet both times, but he didn't want to, so then he's ok while I put his pants back on, and by the time we get out to the main part of the store, he's having a tantrum.

I guess I'll have to stop making rushed trips out and carry the diaper bag constantly!
In better news, he has been dry about 90-100% of the daytime for the last 2 weeks except the past 2 days during these trips.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Haha! That's how I felt when DS refused to potty in a diaper at nights. I was like, "What have I done!" It was cool that he never wanted to use a diaper, but at the same time I was wishing he wanted to at night so I could get some sleep! He would wake up like every 1.5 to 2 hours to pee! Eventually, he started refusing to EC at night, for which I was actually relieved!

Anyway, maybe you could try to plan quick trips right after he pees when possible, so there is less of a chance he will need to pee in the store? Or maybe offer a potty opportunity right before you get in the store, like in a little potty in the car, or have him 'water the plants' if there are some discrete bushes nearby-if you are comfortable with that of course.

Congrats on all the catches anyway
Such an adventure!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.