Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning, ds sits on my lap on the toilet and poops. If there is a distraction, or a routine change, he often won't go. This makes him cranky and off for the rest of the day. After three months of this, however, I am getting sick of having to sit on the toilet with him. He won't sit on his BBLP, so I bought a BB toilet trainer. He likes it, but he goes rigid and won't sit on it if he has to poop. Even if he is pooping, and I try to shift him, it doesn't work. Today we ended up with poop all over both of us and a bit of the house and bathroom because I was trying to force it. I am going nuts. I know I shouldn't force it - he will make the shift to pottying alone when he is ready, but I am having a hard time right now. I feel like we are at a plateau, or even backsliding a little.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I wish I knew what to tell you. Will he go on a paper towel or diaper if you put it on your lap and hold him (like sitting on the floor or couch?)?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am feeling a little less harried today. If he needs to keep doing what we are doing for a while longer, then I will go with it. I try to remind myself to keep with fluid, intuitive parenting. He is telling me what he needs; I have to listen.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
sigh. i know what you mean. DS will only poop in the sink. even when we are out and about. he hates pooping in any toilet, and the BBLP might as well be electrified.<br><br>
i guess there isn't anything wrong with the sink. it's just that disinfecting it over and over gets old and holding him up while he works it out is hard on the wrists.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts