Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm 6 weeks along, and feeling awful. I have a terrible head cold. Started getting it yesterday, but it is much worse this morning. This is what I've tried: I bought a personal steamer and steamed my face (that helped a little), I've been drinking lots of water, I sprayed my nose with saline. None of those helped very much, so last night I caved and used regular Afrin one time. The Sears book said it is a "yellow light" category, which worried me a little, but it also said that 1 or two uses shouldn't be a problem. I'm still a little nervous because I know 6 weeks is such an important developmental stage. But I couldn't breathe at all through my nose, and my throat was so sore from mouth breathing. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
What about one of the homeopathic cold remedies you can get at Whole Foods? They're safe for pregnany. I would also recommend Gypsy Cold Care tea by Traditional Medicinals -- that helps me.

Feel better!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I second the homeopathic remedies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.