Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just 'cause I wanna see and I don't want to do schoolwork
. I think I remember DocsNemesis is around 37? It's blowing my mind that I could very well have a new itty-bitty in my arms in about 3 weeks

· Registered
634 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post
Just 'cause I wanna see and I don't want to do schoolwork
. I think I remember DocsNemesis is around 37? It's blowing my mind that I could very well have a new itty-bitty in my arms in about 3 weeks
I'm 36 weeks today. I kinda expect baby to come at about 41 weeks though.

· Registered
782 Posts
36w 3d here, 3cm and 75% effaced, babelet's at 0 station, probably not going to make it to my due date.
Not entirely unexpected though, my oldest came at 38w 1d and my second at 37w 5d, so this much progress at this point seems to be my norm. I just want him/her to hang out until 37 so I can birth out of the hospital!

· Registered
634 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sweetgrrls View Post
36w 3d here, 3cm and 75% effaced, babelet's at 0 station, probably not going to make it to my due date.
Not entirely unexpected though, my oldest came at 38w 1d and my second at 37w 5d, so this much progress at this point seems to be my norm. I just want him/her to hang out until 37 so I can birth out of the hospital!
ditto on the dilation/effacement (and I've been this way for a long time) -- I just expect to hang out like this until my due date or later since the other three were born at 40w, 40w 5d and 41w.

· Registered
48 Posts
I will be 36 weeks on Wednesday. Then, two weeks until I can give birth at the Birthing Center. Can it really almost be here already? I am packing my bags this week
. How is everyone else doing on packing? What are you packing?

· Registered
524 Posts
36 weeks today!
I full expect to make it to at least 37 weeks for our home birth, though I'm hoping to make it to 39 weeks because my midwife is away until then. Otherwise I may be UC-ing.
(She does have a back up but I've never met the back up and I don't feel comfortable birthing with a stranger around.) We've been prepping for a potential UC just in case. DD was born on her due date, but this baby is already lower and my cervix has moved forward and is starting to feel soft (whereas with her my cervix was still posterior a week before I went into labour with her).

· Registered
1,965 Posts
I'm 36+ and I'll be cleared for home birth on this Thursday!!!
I am planning to check myself or have the mw check at that time. I got our carseat today, so we are officially ready to roll!! Whooooooppppeee!!!!!!!!

· Registered
9,274 Posts
I'm 36wks 4 days. At Saturday's appointment, I was a finger tip dialated (how many cms is that?) The baby is still really high though.

While I really want to go at 37 or 38 weeks (I am so done!), my midwife doesn't come back until my due date, so it'd probably be a good idea to wait for her. She does have back ups, but I really like her.

· Registered
808 Posts
I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow. Dd1 came on her own at 38 weeks on the dot so I'm just hoping we make it until next weekend at least, though not expecting anything. I've been measuring 3 weeks ahead for the past month and dd1 was 9 lbs 13 oz, so I think my midwife kind of expects me to go somewhat early. Physically, I'd love to be done being pregnant, but emotionally, I'm happy to keep waiting! I just don't want to end up at the hospital and technically I'm supposed to be 37 weeks for the homebirth, but I think we'd be comfortable with a couple days sooner if that's what happens without any prompting! The new moon is on Saturday and that's when the gravitational pull is the strongest, so who knows?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.